Kaplan Books Riddled With Errors

AAT Level 3
AAT Level 3 Registered Posts: 75 Epic contributor 🐘
Is anyone else beginning to get extremely frustrated with the poor quality of the Kaplan text books. I am studying my fourth Level 3 course at the moment for Costs and Revenues and the book has errors everywhere.

Comments

• Chrisps303
    Chrisps303 Registered Posts: 33 Regular contributor ⭐
    I totally agree, i am still studying level 2 and it is very frustrating.
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I have just finished level 2 and found this a problem, college are switching to BPP next year. The annoying thing is Kaplan books are quite good.
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor 🐘
    The errors on Kaplan books are one of the main reasons i moved from Kaplan to Eagle Education. The errors were liveable with if it was a unit I was fairly familiar with through work but a nightmare with a unit I had no knowledge of.
  • babsa
    babsa Registered Posts: 118 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I have done level 4 and they are no better but we used BPP books instead.
  • katie2008
    katie2008 Registered Posts: 294 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I find all the books from most providers are riddled with mistakes!

its not helpful when you are trying to figure out where they got the answer from!
  • Cookiemonster
    Cookiemonster Registered Posts: 14 New contributor 🐸
    I feel the same to the point I've put the books away! It's really made me think why bother! I have read the books I get my answers then they have a different answer so its really made me think am no good at it. They gave me the excuse they had to get it out by a certain date but there aware of the errors- That's not my problem I've paid a lot of money for this course they should have recalled them all and put them right!
    I am meant to have finished my second year but I just feel so dishearted :0( x
  • Daz1865
    Daz1865 Registered Posts: 67 Regular contributor ⭐
    Kaplan and Osborne both appear to have their fair share of mistakes. Its appalling that no one appears to proof read them! You would expect AAT to independently check it before authorising its publishing too!?

The book I'm going through at the moment has loads of references to chapters that don't appear to exist anymore, oh dear.
  • Sharleen
    Sharleen Registered Posts: 36 Regular contributor ⭐
    I just had such a bad time with Kaplan books I'll never use them again. Usually go for BPP but tried Kaplan for one module. Not only full of mistakes but also things missed out of the textbook entirely which then cropped up in the mock exams. So annoying!
  • ykwong1978
    ykwong1978 Registered Posts: 48 Regular contributor ⭐
    I am also with Kaplan, and the Cost and Revenue was difficult without the addition of the errors.

The only good thing I have found is that if you are with Kaplan you can go to the En-gage site, where it has a list of errors for each book. That is very useful, and I will probably go on that site when starting the next module - I think I will be doing Professional Ethics.
  • anwarbiggy
    anwarbiggy Registered Posts: 14 New contributor 🐸
    i wouldnt hold your breath with bpp books either, errors galore!
Privacy Policy