Optional Units

katsutlieff
katsutlieff Registered Posts: 459 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Can I sit an optional unit before I sit the main four?

Comments

• katie2008
    katie2008 Registered Posts: 294 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I have, on the basis I think the FNST is too difficult for me at present, so opted to sit taxes instead.

Also it depends how the college/ home study has sorted their timetable..

I think as long as your competant, it doesnt really matter!
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    You can sit them in any order you like, but you might want to check with your provider if they booked exams in or classes.
  • katsutlieff
    Okay, thanks for the quick replies. I am going to order BTX then.

I can't afford to pay for a learning provider this time around, so am going to buy the books and try it on my own. I was looking at going to a local college but I can't find the money at the moment, if it doesn't work out over the summer I might be able to enrol last minute on a course
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Okay, thanks for the quick replies. I am going to order BTX then.

I can't afford to pay for a learning provider this time around, so am going to buy the books and try it on my own. I was looking at going to a local college but I can't find the money at the moment, if it doesn't work out over the summer I might be able to enrol last minute on a course

You might want to check that you're going to be able to purchase ICAS as a separate unit from somewhere before you decide. You need to be attached to a centre for this as you need an assessor to mark is as you go along. I know some distance learning providers aren't offering it as a unit on it's own anymore, you would need to purchase the whole of Level 4.
  • katsutlieff
    Thanks Coojee I wasn't aware of that, I thought I would just have to purchase that one unit. Damn I'm halfway though Budgeting as well
  • coojee
    Thanks Coojee I wasn't aware of that, I thought I would just have to purchase that one unit. Damn I'm halfway though Budgeting as well

I'd be interested to know what you find out about this, whether anyone does offer it. I've a feeling that Premier are but they're charging lots for it.
  • katsutlieff
    Have just rang Kaplin and they are happy to sell ICAS as a separate unit phew I can carry on with budgeting now
  • coojee
    Have just rang Kaplin and they are happy to sell ICAS as a separate unit phew I can carry on with budgeting now

Brilliant. Out of interest how much are they charging for it?
  • katsutlieff
    I think she said ยฃ180. She is also said if I found self studying difficult they would discoun the full course fee for whatever I had done
  • coojee
    I think she said ยฃ180. She is also said if I found self studying difficult they would discoun the full course fee for whatever I had done

That's very helpful of them, good to know
Privacy Policy