ATT - I've got a couple of questions...

Options
mattaat
mattaat Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 17 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
I'm thinking of asking my boss if I could study ATT as well as AAT but as I've only recently finished AAT Level 2, would the ATT still allow me to start and are there any limits to what level you have to be to train?

All feed back about the ATT would be much appreciated :)

Comments

• Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Do you work in practice and do you know much about tax?

ATT is a very big step up from the AAT tax modules - which only occur at level 4 AAT.

I believe anyone can enrol for ATT with a suitable reference.

I really think doing both AAT and ATT at the same time is very demanding. Level 3 AAT is a step up from level 2, and level 4 is an even bigger step up. ATT is another step up again.

Nothing is impossible, but I think you're asking a lot of yourself :)
  • mattaat
    Options
    I do work for a practise and I would say i know a fair bit about tax but im not sure whether that would be enough :S

Do you apply for the ATT the same way as the AAT?

When i start level 3 ill be allowed day release for it so its highly unlikely they'd let me have anymore time off so id have to do it all at home, does that generally take long to complete?

and Monsoon what stage are you at now? :)
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    OMG my exam results are out tonight. I'd totally forgotten! If I pass, it will be 2 down, 2 to go.

Yes, you just register as a student with them directly.

I don't have enough time to study and I'm winging it, I really need to knuckle down, I only have 3.5 months. The study book says you need 10 hours per week per module. Yeah, like I have that much time, haha. If you are studying AAT as well, I would say do 1 module at a time, but I think most level 3 and 4 students would say they needed all the time they had to do AAT.

I'm aiming to do my last 2 exams in November, unless I have to do a resit in which case I will resit 1 and do 1 in Nov and then do the last one in May.
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I would personally finish AAT first and take both tax modules and then go to ATT.

Mainly because you might be able to claim exemptions.

Also doing two studies at the same time stretches you very thin on both. While if you focus on one fully first, you might be able to finish it quickly and then move on with some exemptions. You might also be able to get funding and some time off from work if you finish AAT first and then move on to ATT, while I don't know many employers will offer to pay for two studies at the same time.

That's just my opinion though. It all depends on what you want.

Monsoon, good luck with the results tonight! I got my fingers crossed for you!
  • mattaat
    Options
    Well Good Luck Monsoon! :)

Rinske i can see what you mean because i dont quite no how hard im going to find level 3 and i wouldnt want to pass by the skin of my teeth so to speak :P
  • jenny3549
    jenny3549 Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    OMG my exam results are out tonight. I'd totally forgotten!

Good luck Monsoon! There'll be a whole bunch of us with our fingers crossed for you.

:thumbup:
Privacy Policy