Advertising your practice.

Robert1960
Robert1960 Registered Posts: 7 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi Everyone,

What do you find are the most effective ways to advertise your accounting services? I have been told word of mouth is best, but I am starting from scratch so I need some ideas.

Thanks,

Robert

Comments

• Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Are you pitching at local people?

If so, get a free line entry anywhere you can: yell, thompson, local online directories.

Then pay for adverts in local magazines like the local parish magazine, denton's directory or similar; you know the local advertising magazines that folk local to you look in, get in those ones.

I believe ServiceStart is a good way of buying leads potentially cheaply.

Get a good, professional looking website. Make sure you use good local keywords so google finds your site easily when someone searches for "accountant your town."

Once you've done all of that, yes, word of mouth starts rolling in and that's the best ;)

Til then, good luck

PS don't bother paying for Yell.com. Just don't!
  • Dcollins
    Dcollins Registered Posts: 179 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Monsoon wrote: »
    PS don't bother paying for Yell.com. Just don't!

And don't pay for any other directories, or anyone who claims to get your website on page one of Google either. Excellent way to waste a lot of money.
  • deano_162
    deano_162 Registered Posts: 23 New contributor 🐸
    I'm planning a year out...

really sorry.. I thought I was posting a topic!
  • Robert1960
    I've created a website. I would welcome comments.

www.parkside-accounting-services.co.uk

Thanks,

Robert
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Just had a quick look and first impressions are:

*Nice neat layout
    *are you an MIP, if so you should have it on your page, if not I would take down the link to the AAT - others may disagree
    *I would distinguish as to what type of tax returns you are going to do, CT or SA or both

Just my initial impressions
  • Robert1960
    Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the suggestions so far. I've removed the AAT link from my website. I have started to organise free online ads. I have contacted the local paper but the cost of taking out a classified ad was prohibitive.

Has anyone had any success with cold calling on potential customers or any other ways to generate business?

Thanks,

Robert
  • kateyliz
    kateyliz Registered Posts: 16 New contributor 🐸
    Hi
    How did you get on Robert with generating business through advertising? I am looking to start up and get clients so am interested to know the best methods of getting clients and advertising.
    Thanks
Privacy Policy