First (paid) job in Accounts :)

Options
uknitty
uknitty Registered Posts: 591 Epic contributor 🐘
I've just been offered a position as an accounts and payroll assistant and I am going to be starting on Monday :)

Its a one year fixed term contract initially, working 3 days a week.

I'd like to get some more practice experience though so I'm still thinking I may want to continue with unpaid work exprerience in a practice environment. I just want to get this FNST exam out of the way before I start persuing that possibility any further though !

Comments

• Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    That's a pretty good start! You may be surprised at how much experience you pick up in those 3 days.

Well done
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Well done
  • pirate
    pirate Registered Posts: 469 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Well done thats fabulous
  • Curzy
    Curzy Registered Posts: 13 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Congratulations to you. I know it's really tough in the job market, so you have done well.

I hope Monday goes well.
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    awesome news! :thumbup: Congrats!
  • reader
    reader Registered Posts: 1,037 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Congratulations; getting that first break is so difficult but you've done it!
  • Amie1977
    Amie1977 Registered Posts: 33 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I'm a bit late but congratulations!!! I hope your day so far is going great!! Let us know how you get on!!
  • JohnC
    JohnC Registered Posts: 12 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Congratulations, you have managed to bridge the gap between getting the qualification and gaining experience.
  • uknitty
    uknitty Registered Posts: 591 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Thanks for the good wishes guys ! Today was a really good day, after an induction in the morning I spent the afternoon learning about IRIS and running a few small payrolls.

There is even better news in that every member of staff has a training budget allocated to them, (gutted I have already paid for my technician level just a few months back!) but this means that there is also scope for me to undertake some additional training :) I want to do some excel training, and my line manager has suggested looking at some courses geared towards accounting and finance in the charity sector. I'll have to have a think about what will be most useful to my role and to the team and see what we come up with.

It can be tough getting a break, but if you knock on enough doors and ask enough questions there are opportunities out there just waiting to be found....
  • Amie1977
    Amie1977 Registered Posts: 33 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    That sounds great!! I really hope it all goes well for you!!
Privacy Policy