The art of good revison notes?

Options
Ingenius
Ingenius Registered Posts: 30 Regular contributor ⭐
Evening All

Hope studying, revision is going well for all :-)

It's been a while since i've read anything on here, i'm finding now that i should get on here more as it's a lonely business at times doing distance learning!

I was wondering what other people do with regards to making notes for revsion/refreshing ones head at a later point?

I don't know if the notes i'm making a far too comprehensive to be notes or more of a rewrite (in my own words!) of the chapters i've been working on. I do cut bits of text out if i don't feel they are wholly necessary to be remembered. I just don't want to be sat for a couple of hours making notes that i don't really need to....if theres a better way to do it.

Comments

• stephleedz
    stephleedz Registered Posts: 179 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I personally bought multiple coloured flash cards from WHSmiths and when I am revising for an exam I jott down key facts and the occasional example. I peraonnaly find that the best way to revise as well as doing the revision kit (I am given by Kaplan), mock exams, AAT Mock exam, all questions in the text book.

Hope this helps

Steph
  • Curzy
    Curzy Registered Posts: 13 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    stephleedz wrote: »
    I personally bought multiple coloured flash cards from WHSmiths and when I am revising for an exam I jott down key facts and the occasional example. I peraonnaly find that the best way to revise as well as doing the revision kit (I am given by Kaplan), mock exams, AAT Mock exam, all questions in the text book.

Hope this helps

Steph

I did this as part of my revision as well. I used to stick the cards up on the wall in the subjects/topics which I was weaker in. I also used to take to cards with me to the exam and read them in the car before I went in the exam hall.
  • Ingenius
    Ingenius Registered Posts: 30 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Thanks for your replies Steph and Curzy, i think i may give that a go.

I have also discussed this with my tutor and he also advised me that the way we learn best is by doing! And that i should do plenty of mock exams, practice questions in the books etc. That's actually how i passed my IAC exam when i did Level 2....seemed to work then! :) Guess i just thought i needed to do far nore then i needed as i'd stepped up a level lol.
Privacy Policy