Exam Results

lyndseywood87
lyndseywood87 Registered Posts: 47 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
Hi

Just wondering if anyone else has any of their exam results back recently for exams they have just taken?

I have recently taken Financial Performance, Financial Statements and External Audit on the 23rd June, 30th June and 7th July. I am awaiting my results and its doing my head in.

Anyone else in the same situation?

Thanks

Lyndsey x

Comments

• oli
    oli Registered Posts: 88 Regular contributor โญ
    Hi Lyndsey,

Definately in the same situation as yourself, sat business tax on 30th June and Financial statements on 12th July, although I still have quite a while to go its doing my head in as well.

Silly question but are you keeping you head in the books while waiting? I'm thinking of doing that as if I have to resit I am prepared, is this a good idea?
  • lyndseywood87
    Yes this is a good idea, however I have not even thought about it. I think I have done okay at Financial Performance, but I am not so sure on Financial Statements. In FS it all balanced but I was unsure on all the IAS's lol.

Lyndsey x
  • linzip1703
    linzip1703 Registered Posts: 35 Regular contributor โญ
    Hi

i took finance performance on 13h June and my result was in last monday - so it took 5 weeks.
    Personal tax was on 20th June and then financial statements on 4th July.
    It seems to be taking roughly 5-6 wks for results.
  • deborahcarpenter
    deborahcarpenter Registered Posts: 161 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I took my Business tax exam on 9th June and got my results last Monday, it took bang on 5 weeks. Still waiting for financial performance results which i took 27th June.
  • pennie
    pennie Registered Posts: 9 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    exam results and personal tax

Hi Lindsey

I had completed all level 4 technican and took personal tax as an extra option, ( under the new CBA format) which I sat on 14th June - just received my results today - 6 weeks less 1 day - thankfully I passed, so I wouldn't dispair its can take 6 weeks.

Good luck with your results.

Pennie
  • oli
    oli Registered Posts: 88 Regular contributor โญ
    In my financial statements exam I couldn't get the 1st one to balance but got the consolidated statement of financial position to balance, as for the IAS's I'm unsure, I feel I answered them as best as I could but didn't really explain the gearing ratio as I was unsure of it. I had to explain the defintions of relevance, reliability, understandability and consistency which I felt that I babbled on quite a bit but included examples of each, feeling a bit more confident with business tax.

The wait is awful :-(
  • oh confused one
    oh confused one Registered Posts: 128 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I'm waiting for "paper exam" results took exam on 13th June not getting results till 10th August aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhh
  • JohnC
    JohnC Registered Posts: 12 Regular contributor โญ
    Took Personal Tax on June 15th Result back today, Results usually take around 6 weeks for them to start to filter through.
  • keane155
    keane155 Registered Posts: 404 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Waiting for my last result, Budgeting -taken 5 weeks tomorrow - Financial performance result came through in exactly 5 weeks so I'm hoping that budgeting will come through early.

Good luck everyone and well done to those who have had results through today and passed. :)
  • slugbug
    slugbug Registered Posts: 10 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    go my financial performance yesterday 5 weeks and 2 days and passed Yay now awaiting financial statements and business tax taken late june so hopefully not long now
  • Raven
    Raven Registered Posts: 3 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Got my results late last night - just over 5 weeks since my Financial statements exam. To be honest I didn't believe I could have passed because I knew I'd messed up on two of the questions. Have a bit of faith and hold tight, I'm sure you'll have done fine..!
    I've now passed the Level 4, so I'm well pleased..!
  • lyndseywood87
    I guess I am just going to have to sit and wait on this one. I am so bored of checking AAT every minute I get free. Haha x
  • keane155
    keane155 Registered Posts: 404 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I guess I am just going to have to sit and wait on this one. I am so bored of checking AAT every minute I get free. Haha x

I do that too, every break at work, every few minutes last night lol, hate this waiting.
  • babsa
    babsa Registered Posts: 118 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I sat my last (budgeting ) exam on the 15th June and got the results yesterday. :)
    I passed.
  • fatandforty
    fatandforty Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I sat Financial Performance on the 16th and got the result yesterday - I failed :-( Would rather still be waiting. At least then there would still be hope!!
  • JohnC
    JohnC Registered Posts: 12 Regular contributor โญ
    Did my Financial Performance today....not confident at all as I know I messed up on a couple of the variances, and as for section 2 the email bit, hmmm I cannot write in-depth emails, but I answered all the questions
  • oh confused one
    The "paper exam" results it is normally a Tuesday evening they start coming through isn't it? Why is it now Wednesday - I thought as they had less to mark than normal (with a lot of computer based exams being sat) it would be so much sooner - I am really scared now as this is a resit and is all I need for completion
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    The "paper exam" results it is normally a Tuesday evening they start coming through isn't it? Why is it now Wednesday - I thought as they had less to mark than normal (with a lot of computer based exams being sat) it would be so much sooner - I am really scared now as this is a resit and is all I need for completion
    I thought it would be half of August and not end of July?

Have a look, they usually say on the site what day they release the results. I thought it was a Monday night for my last exams though.
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I've just check the AAT website and it advises that 'We will email you your results on 10 August 2011.' https://www.aat.org.uk/myaat/services/exams/emailmyresults/

Your email address will be used to send you account information and all other email communication from the AAT including AAT exam results.
    If you do not want to receive your exam results by email you can opt out of this service by ticking the box below. Your results will still be sent to you by post and will be available to view on our website.

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I thought as they had less to mark than normal (with a lot of computer based exams being sat) it would be so much sooner - I am really scared now as this is a resit and is all I need for completion

Don't forget that even though there are a lot of computer based exams being sat, level 4 computer based exams still have an element which is human marked so the examiners may not have a greatly reduced workload when it comes to marking exam papers.

Fingers crossed that you receive the pass that you require to complete level 4.

Best wishes.

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • oh confused one
    I was just suprised that results aren't out on a Monday night as per normal - always had emails from Monday teatime onwards but this year it is a Wednesday!!! thats what I meant about them not having as much to mark it seems that the time lapse for results is longer - more time to panic :-((
Privacy Policy