A new start!!

Options
Dave1
Dave1 Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
Hi guys,
forgive me if this has been raised before but i am currently employed in the public sector and due to all the uncertainties surrounding job security, pay cuts, lack or any pay rises, etc etc i was thinking of becoming an MIP to supplement my earnings. I am a FMAAT and just wondered whether this is spomething you guys found to be easy enough to move into. I suppose the real worry is just the uncertainty of it all and whether it is a good move to make.

Comments

• Paul C
    Paul C Registered Posts: 193 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hi Dave,

I'm in the same boat. I'm local government, NHS previously, what about yourself?

I'm very (very!) early days on the MIP side of things.

I guess a lot depends on what previous experience you have.
  • T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I would suggest that you start MIP part-time first and hang on to your job whilst it lasts. You can always give it up with your accounting practice 'takes off'. Good luck.
  • mc25
    mc25 Registered Posts: 232 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I second TC. when you intially start its very had to build the practice and if you go part time, you can always decide which way to move forward and plan things ahead. unless you have got loads of saving which will last you for so long while you are trying to build up. Good luck
  • Dave1
    Dave1 Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    thanks for the feedback everyone. It does sound as though building on a p/t basis may be less stressful and then hang on to full time employment as long as possible at least there is a fallback plan when things do go all pear shaped!!
  • wildgoose1uk
    wildgoose1uk Registered Posts: 200 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    There is a great deal to learn.... marketing, sales, networking..... and then there is always acccounting!!
Privacy Policy