Old Accountant

T.C.
T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
I have taken on a new client and requested information from the old accountant. They are a very large firm in my area, but are not very forthcoming with information. Any advice on how to get them to provide it???

Comments

• Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    What is their professional body? Find out and quote their rulebook?!
    Newbie Registered Posts: 229 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    If I dont get a reply to the letter I go on to their website and email a reminder, usually works.
  • mc25
    mc25 Registered Posts: 232 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    send them another reminder letter or find out from client who they used to deal with in person and try and contact that accountant.
  • Anne Boleyn
    Anne Boleyn Registered Posts: 196 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Previous Accountant

Hi

How long have you been waiting for a reply? I usually wait a month and then send a second letter, this is not a priority for them as they are losing a client.
  • Monsoon
    I recently sent a chaser letter after 2 weeks, but this is only because that firm are usually really quick (like days) in sending the info. Not that I get a few clients from them or anything!!
  • T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I have spoken to my client and asked him to chase. He said that actually contacted him and asked him to stay with them! Cheek!
  • Monsoon
    T.C. wrote: ยป
    I have spoken to my client and asked him to chase. He said that actually contacted him and asked him to stay with them! Cheek!

Sometimes that happens. Yes, it's a bit cheeky! You've just reminded me, and I've just sent a "client care" email so they don't think I'm ignoring them (I've still not heard back from mine, either).
Privacy Policy