ICAS Marking

AmyRichardson
AmyRichardson Registered Posts: 89 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi All

I submitted my ICAS project to the aat over 4 weeks ago now and its still saying 'Awaiting Mark'......does anyone know how long it takes them to mark it?

Thanks

Amy

Comments

• penelope2809
    penelope2809 Registered Posts: 8 New contributor 🐸
    Mine took about 6 weeks from date of submission on the AAT website.
  • sdv
    sdv Registered Posts: 585 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hi All

I submitted my ICAS project to the aat over 4 weeks ago now and its still saying 'Awaiting Mark'......does anyone know how long it takes them to mark it?

Thanks

Amy

Your projects are NOT marked by AAT but by your ICAS unit tutor.

In the new system, you are required to upload your projects to the AAT servers, but they are assessed, marked and given feedback on them by your ICAS tutors

There is a time limit set by AAT for your service providers (tutors) to mark your project and then pass it on to the Internal verifyer (quality controller) to approve the assessor's decision on the ICAS project.

Unfortunately, currently we are in the holiday season. It is very likely that your tutor is on a holiday. This may be compounded by the holiday taken by IV. If has been marked by your tutor then it may be sitting on the IV's table.

Your course of action should be

1 contact your service provider and ask them to chase up the tutor. Explain to the service provider that you need the result before 1st of August to enable you to register with ACCA etc

2 you could also ring AAT student services and ask them for the exact time limits set by AAT on the service providers and politely ask AAT to chase your service providers on your behalf

Reading the posts on this forum, it appears that a dead line was set for unit 10 - projects and the service providers set a deadline for their students to submit their projects in order to meet the AAT NVQ qualifications target dates.

The students were finding very difficult to meet the deadlines set by the service providers; and the service providers are/were inundated with unexpected numbers of projects received, to be marked.

The project is approx 4500 words each (18 pages) that has to be read, and marked against 40 to 45 PC/K&U/RS. on average if a tutor takes 10 minutes to mark one page then a tutor will require 180 minutes = 3hrs

5 minutes per page = 1.5 hrs

but realistically it probably takes 2 hours to mark 1 project.
    Students don't like to write a project. Your tutors are the same students who had to do their project during their studies. Are they likely to be enthusiastic to mark their student's projects ASAP?
  • Becky V
    Becky V Registered Posts: 374 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi All

Thanks

Amy

My first draft was 2 weeks, the second time when i had to do amendments i phoned my tutor up after 2 weeks and he said he would do it asap and he did i got it marked the next day and have passed! I would ring your tutor because as i understood it had to be marked within 2 weeks of submission.
  • babsa
    babsa Registered Posts: 118 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I uploaded my project. My college tutor took about 2 weeks to mark it. She sent it to AAT one morning and it came back competent in the afternoon.
Privacy Policy