Has anybody done the assessment on the spreadsheets unit?

geek84
geek84 Registered Posts: 568 Epic contributor 🐘
Hi Folks

I am currently on level 3 and about to do the assessment on the spreadsheets unit in a few days time. Has anybody done it? How did you find it?

Is the level of difficulty similar to the assessments at the end of the 'Osborne' books, or is there anything else that an indivdual needs to learn in order to pass the assessment?

I think there are 2.5 hrs allowed for this assessment. Is it quite feasible to finish within the allocated time or do you have to rush your work in order to get everything done within the allocated time?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Comments

• Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Hello geek84

I have completed the SPSW CBP and found that it was fairly straightforward. Key point is to make sure you take your time, read the questions and do exactely what is being asked - obvious I know!

If you have not already done so, I would recommend downloading and completing the practice SPSW CBP from the AAT website. I'm unable to comment on the assessments in the Osborne book as I did not use this.

You are correct that you are allocated 2.5 hours and I found that this was plenty of time in which to complete the CBP.

Good luck!

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • geek84
    Hi Jo

Many thanks for your reply. What material did you use in order to prepare for this assessment? I have been told by my provider to use the 'Osborne' books.

Are you on level 4 now?
  • Jo Clark
    I used the BPP material and the practice assessment on the AAT website. Who is your training provider?

Yes I'm on level 4 now.
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Jo Clark
    geek84 - I meant to ask which modules you have left to complete before starting level 4?

Also - any queries with SPSW feel free to ask questions here or PM me.
    Benjamin Franklin
  • geek84
    Hi Jo

After completing the spreadsheets assessment, I will just have 1 more unit left - Professional Ethics, then I am level 4.

I seem to have a problem - ony my computer at home I have excel 2010, but at the assessment centre they are using excel 2007. Is there much iof a difference between the two?

What do you suggest I do? Shall I download a copy of 2007 on my computer because I need to go theuogh some of the complex experssions such as VLOOP and Pivot table? Would the downloading interfere with the 2010 version I already have?
  • Jo Clark
    Hello geek84

I'm by no means an expert at IT and when I sat SPSW my centre used MS Excel 2003. I have not seen 2010 so do not know the difference between 2007 and 2010. Maybe there is someone else on the forum who can help?

I have access to 2007 which is similar to 2003 in that the functions etc. are the same - it just looks different e.g menu bar is now a ribbon (which you probably use in 2010?)

You could install 2007 but there may be a conflict between the two versions. I know that when I looked at installing 2003 on my machine with 2007 I was told that it would not work, however at work a colleague has access to both - I'm not sure if this is because it is running from a server rather than being installed on the actual machine they use - like I said, I'm not an IT expert.

One suggestion would be to ask your training provider/test centre if you can have access to Excel 2007 to attempt the practice assessment and then you can familirise yourself with 2007 and see if there are many differences between the two.

How are you finding SPSW - are you ok with all the functions/formatting etc. that you are learning?

Speak soon.

JC
    Benjamin Franklin
  • geek84
    Hi Jo

Yes, I'm ok with the functions. Thanks.

Where abouts are you on level 4? Is it continuous assessment like level 3? Who is your provider?

My provider is Premier Training.
  • Jo Clark
    I've studied and passed FNST.

My training provider is BPP and all my tutors have been absolutely fantastic.

I can't wait to start my next module but have a little while to wait :(

Good luck with the CBP next week?? and you will really enjoy PEAF.

Do you have any idea when you will be commencing level 4?
    Benjamin Franklin
  • geek84
    Jo

I shoud be commencing level 4 in about 2 weeks time.
  • Jo Clark
    Hey that is fantastic! Do you know which module you will start with?
    Benjamin Franklin
  • geek84
    Hi Jo

I've no idea which module I will be starting with, since I doon't know the course content. When did you start level 4? How long do you think it will take you to finish it?

Thanks
  • Jo Clark
    Hiya

I started in April and sat the FNST CBA in May and received the results in July. I plan to finish level 4 next year.
    Benjamin Franklin
  • geek84
    Jo

You plan to finish next year? I presume you are working full time? If so, is it an accounts related job?

I am out of work at the mo, and finding it very difficult to get an accounts role!
  • Jo Clark
    Yes - next year! :) As I attend college on a day release basis my next module does not start till later this year.

I work full time in a finance team however the work I do is not really what I would call accounts in the sense of bookkeeping and preparation of financial statements etc. That said the skills and knowledge acquired whilst studying AAT has been very useful in my role.

Keep trying and hopefully an accounts role will soon turn up for you!

Stay in touch.

JC
    Benjamin Franklin
Privacy Policy