Failed AP1 :-(

Sammmy88
Sammmy88 Registered Posts: 283 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
I failed my AP1 exam yesterday!! Which was really poo!! But have rebooked for next Thursday and my AP2 is on Tuesday!! Does anyone have any more practice papers for these units, as I have done the ones on the AAT website and done the ones on the Osbourne website! Just want to get as must practice as I need!!
Its so annoying that they don't actually tell you where you went wrong!! *Grumble Grumble*
Level 2 - Passed 2011
Level 3 - Passed 2012
Level 4 - Passed 2014

Awaiting to start CIMA :)

Comments

• sun123
    sun123 Registered Posts: 19 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Ap1

Its not a good news but will be alright,mine is tomorrow,is it same like the practice one in aat web site?
    thank you
    sun
  • Sammmy88
    Hiya! I managed to pass the second time! Thank god!! lol!!

It is very much like the practice ones, but they do put a few sneaky questions in there!! Good Luck!! :-)
    Level 2 - Passed 2011
    Level 3 - Passed 2012
    Level 4 - Passed 2014

• Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Congratulations Sammmy!

Did you sit AP2?
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Sammmy88
    Yes and have failed twice :-(
    Level 2 - Passed 2011
    Level 3 - Passed 2012
    Level 4 - Passed 2014

• Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Oh Sammmy, I'm sorry to hear that. Do you have any idea what may have caused this i.e. areas you may have struggled with whilst studying AP2?

Don't be too disheartened (easier said than done) as you will get there eventually :)
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Sammmy88
    I know the Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss account.. I think its the goodwill ratios letting me down and possibly the incomplete records bit..

Its just soooo upsetting!!
    Level 2 - Passed 2011
    Level 3 - Passed 2012
    Level 4 - Passed 2014

• Shazzam87
    Shazzam87 Registered Posts: 2 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    I failed my AP1 exam yesterday!! Which was really poo!! But have rebooked for next Thursday and my AP2 is on Tuesday!! Does anyone have any more practice papers for these units, as I have done the ones on the AAT website and done the ones on the Osbourne website! Just want to get as must practice as I need!!
    Its so annoying that they don't actually tell you where you went wrong!! *Grumble Grumble*

Hey Sammy88, glad to hear you passed the second time round! Was there a major difference in the topics covered between the two papers? I'm not sure what subjects to focus on more then others.

How did you find AP2, much harder then 1?
  • Sammmy88
    When you mean difference between the two papers, do you mean the two AP1's or took, or between AP1 and AP2?

I did find AP2 harder than AP1, but I know the Balance Sheet and P&L Its just the other bits that let me down I think!! I suppose its the way its worded, and I had goodwill ratios!! More practice I think is needed for me!!
    Level 2 - Passed 2011
    Level 3 - Passed 2012
    Level 4 - Passed 2014

• Shazzam87
    Shazzam87 Registered Posts: 2 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    When you mean difference between the two papers, do you mean the two AP1's or took, or between AP1 and AP2?

I did find AP2 harder than AP1, but I know the Balance Sheet and P&L Its just the other bits that let me down I think!! I suppose its the way its worded, and I had goodwill ratios!! More practice I think is needed for me!!

I meant between the first and second AP1 papers you took. I'm worried none of the stuff I'm comfortable with will come up.

On the upside Ethics and Spreadsheets are relatively easy!
Privacy Policy