Wgher best to apply for an accounts related role?

Options
geek84
geek84 Registered Posts: 568 Epic contributor 🐘
Good Morning Folks

I am currently on level 4 at the moment and unemployed. I am currently applying for any accounts based roles.

In your opinion, should I just concentrate on applying accountancy practices to get relevant work experience or shall I apply to any employers who are advertising accounts related roles such as - sales/purchase ledger clerks, account assistants, assistant accountants etc.

Also, I want to progress on to the ACCA, so was thinking applying to accountancy practices would be the best idea.

Any advice would be grately appreciated.

Comments

• Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    It depends, do you want to work in practice? Practice, industry and management roles are so different that by working in one you won't necessarily gain relevant experience in the other, but bear in mind that generally it is easier to move from practice to industry than vice versa. ACCA can be useful in both practice and industry so you could be applying for roles in both sectors.

I understand you have been looking for work for sometime, perhaps it would be worth having a professional review your CV and covering letter for you?
Privacy Policy