Annoying AAT adverts

Kregna
Kregna Registered Posts: 9 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
Dear AAT,

I think you've been sneaky and have been leaving cookies on my computer, as I keep seeing AAT adverts when I go on youtube videos or just generally on websites. Seeing as I need to have been on your website for you to have left the cookies, there's a good chance I'm already paying you money and it seems like a pointless thing to do. In fact, it makes me not like you very much.

P.S. your computer exams are a very poor replacement for the real ones

Yours sincerely,

AAT student

Comments

• Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Kregna
    Kregna Registered Posts: 9 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Many thanks Jo!
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Thanks Jo.

I keep seeing the same. Seriously, targetted ads are a clever thing for the advertiser. If they are targetted correctly. But suggesting I take the AAT qualification? No, really, been there done that already..... :rolleyes:
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Oh it not just me then, I thouhgt I was being stalked! :lol:
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I keep getting them from Kaplan, the "whats next to study". I'm not spending my entire life studying! :D
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    It's admittedly quite clever but does make me wonder about privacy, how sites integrate with each other and exactly what information is disclosed. Another prime example being if I look at something on Amazon, I inevitably then get bombarded with adverts for the same product on Facebook etc...

Just the nature of the beast I guess.
  • Dcollins
    Dcollins Registered Posts: 179 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰

You can clear the cookies.

Thank you Jo, http://forums.aat.org.uk/images/icons/icon14.gif it's been driving me loopy, although for a while it made a change from oak furniture ads. I didn't want to clear all my cookies, some of them are useful, sort of.
Privacy Policy