Software

Kay Thompson
Kay Thompson Registered Posts: 22 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
Enjoy the last day of summer.

Does anyone know of a program that helps to track a clients info. e.g Directors details and when tax return due. I am also looking ofr something that will track whne these have been completed & submitted.

Kay

Comments

• burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    I cannot find anything for tracking that is suitable. I have just developed an excel sheet with pre-programmed deadlines that when I update year ends it updates. It then filters into order based on deadlines, when I received the work and what stage I am at with the work. It then has a traffic light system that warns me when I am within 3 months of deadline (yellow), withing 1 month of deadline (orange) overdue (red).

This works well and keeps track of all my work too.
    Regards,

Burg
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    What about a normal calendar, can set it to remind you, or do reminders that repeat each year.

Hotmail and Gmail have good online ones, or even outlook synced with your mobile.
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    burg wrote: ยป
    I cannot find anything for tracking that is suitable. I have just developed an excel sheet with pre-programmed deadlines that when I update year ends it updates. It then filters into order based on deadlines, when I received the work and what stage I am at with the work. It then has a traffic light system that warns me when I am within 3 months of deadline (yellow), withing 1 month of deadline (orange) overdue (red).

Have you thought about selling that to us less technically minded? lol

Ian, could you remind me what the software is called please that you use to send accounts for electronic signing to your clients. I had the trial on my old PC and I can't for the hell of me rembered what it's called apart from it was abpout $50 to buy.

Thanks, Jill
  • burg
    Don't think it's refined enough to sell Jill. It works for me but because I know how it works and can quickly fix any problems if / when they occur. It would need someone to add a load of macros really and smooth out the process for it to work. I might be able to do it at some point but at the moment don't have time.

The electronic signature software is Cure PDF Pro but as I understand there are others that could do it.
    Regards,

Burg
  • jilt
    Thanks Ian, I'll have a look to see what else there are as well.

Try and find the time to sort that spreadsheet, might earn you some extra income :biggrin:
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    burg wrote: ยป

I use something similar too.

I know with Digita tax programs if you use the tracking tool (I think it's a paw prints button?) you can print reports to show this information.

Does anyone know if FTax has a similar function?
  • burg
    I'm aware of the Digita tracker but as you keep having to run reports all the time its not the greatest. The system I developed you can see the situation straight away and click one button to update.

Still it stops the need to have a second database.

@Jill - I have contacted one of my software developer clients and we are going to have a chat on Friday about what can be done with it so I may look for some testers at some point maybe???

Would be interested to know what people would like it to do in particular and what they would be prepared to pay.

My present system tracks:-
    Annual return due dates
    Accounts due dates for CH
    Tax Return due dates
    Monthly management accounts due dates
    VAT Return due dates
    What records I am holding for clients and where they are in terms of which cupboard
    When I received records from a client
    When I started working on them
    When I met with the client
    When I sent the accounts for signing
    When I filed to CH
    When I filed to HMRC
    When I returned records to client
    When I sent out bound accounts
    Regards,

Burg
  • jilt
    Only other other things I can think of straight off is if and when I contacted client for more info/queries, and that the client has been invoiced.

Really not sure what I'd be prepared to pay, let me have a think about that and look at prices of other software, I'll get back to you.

Would be happy to be a tester if you went ahead, good luck :-)
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I'd be happy to test too Ian. Sounds very similar to what I use but I have a 'date drafted' which turns red if it's +4 weeks from 'date started' which turns red if it's +4 weeks from 'date records received' etc.
Privacy Policy