Have I left it too long :( PLEASE HELP!!

JWB18
JWB18 Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
Hi everyone you may notice this is my first post. So please help me :(

I have been in accountancy for 3 years now after finishing university with a HND in Business Management. After several phone calls to BPP and AAT saying I was "allowed" to enter AAT Level 4 without passing levels 2 and 3 I registered with BPP back in November '10 for Level 4 Financial Statements. I made sure to keep all emails etc because I was quite dubious at first.

Anyway, I have worked really hard in my full time job and because of this still haven't sat my exam for this module. Is it now too late to sit this exam?

I am using BPP text for July '10. I dont want to have to start again......

All advice is appreciated.

Comments

• stephleedz
    stephleedz Registered Posts: 179 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hi,

This is something that BPP will be able to confirm with a quick phonecall. I am unsure as I attend evening classes 2 times a week with Kaplan as well as working full time so it's pretty much module exam, module exam etc etc.

Don't worry about it too much just given then a quick ring and ask them. I know that once you start the AAT you have I think something like 6 years to complete it??

Steph
  • JWB18
    JWB18 Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Thanks for your help Steph.

A bit more reassured now :) Any other help is appreciated pleassseeee!!
  • pirate
    pirate Registered Posts: 469 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I wouldnt have thought so personally.

you are under the new standards if you started in Nov 2010 and Financial statements is under the new standards.
    My sister registered for AAT Level 4 in august 2010 and has only done the personal tax module but is ok to do the other modules with the text books she has. She paid for all the modules in one go.

HTH
  • wannabebean
    wannabebean Registered Posts: 72 Regular contributor ⭐
    Level 4

Hi

Im not sure about the wisdom of skipping straight to Level 4. I wanted to but they said no. Then I researched around it and found out that if you want to gain your exception from the ACCA (so that you can skip ACCA exams 1,2 and 3) and possibly also CIMA then your need both Level 3 and Level 4.

Basically Level 3 on it's own doesn't mean anything. Level 4 is the same. You seem to require Level 3 and Level 4.

Make sure you know what you are doing with this.

Best of Luck!
Privacy Policy