ap2

clarlou76
clarlou76 Registered Posts: 11 Regular contributor ⭐
failed for fourth time. time to throw in the towel, yes or no???? ;-0

Comments

• Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    No - don't give up!

Do you know what areas you are struggling with? Were there any questions on the CBA that you were unsure how to answer? Have you completed the practice CBAs on the AAT website? Sooo many questions, sorry.
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • clarlou76
    there were areas i was unsure about but i was so confident today. am gutted. have gone through the book and done practice after practice. they have also but their re sit fees up from £33 to £53. there was also a big **** up today as when i got to exam they had me down to do ap1 instead of ap2. nearly an hour later i finally started exam so that didnt help. they were adament that i could not sit my ap2 if i hadnt passed my ap1 which was rubbish as it was just kaplans policy and not aat's.

i am now reaching for the wine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    clarlou76 wrote: »
    there were areas i was unsure about but i was so confident today. am gutted. have gone through the book and done practice after practice. they have also but their re sit fees up from £33 to £53. there was also a big **** up today as when i got to exam they had me down to do ap1 instead of ap2. nearly an hour later i finally started exam so that didnt help. they were adament that i could not sit my ap2 if i hadnt passed my ap1 which was rubbish as it was just kaplans policy and not aat's.

i am now reaching for the wine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hi

I may be reading this wrong but do you mean you haven't passed AP1, would hate to think I was trying to do 2 before fully competent on 1. Sorry if I misread.
  • Sammmy88
    Sammmy88 Registered Posts: 283 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I am sorry to hear you failed! I am in the same boat as you! I am taking my ap2 for the third time next week! I am just doing practice after practice! Don't give up! Move on ans come back! I moved on, and now I am going back to have another attempt!
    Level 2 - Passed 2011
    Level 3 - Passed 2012
    Level 4 - Passed 2014

Awaiting to start CIMA :)
  • clarlou76
    i am going to move on and do my ap1 next week. it does seem silly i havent passed one yet but i have just been doing ap1 and 2 alternatively to have a break from each one when i fail. have still got cash management and spreadsheets to pass yet too. sometimes it does all get too much. i just want to pass them all before xmas so i can start the new year studying technician level.

to cut the cost of the course i have decided to go it alone and home teach myself. if, after xmas i am still struggling i may have to find a learning provider and admit defeat! its nice to know i have a fellow struggler and hope you pass soon!
  • amyjayne27
    amyjayne27 Registered Posts: 314 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi Clarlou,

Sorry to hear you are struggling, are there any particular parts you feel weak at? I know everyone learns differently but maybe it would be easier to study them seperately?

Its definately a tricky course, I struggle quite alot too so you are not on your own!

Good luck with your studies
  • Sammmy88
    I passed yesterday!! SOOOOOO happy!! :-)
    Level 2 - Passed 2011
    Level 3 - Passed 2012
    Level 4 - Passed 2014

• janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Sammmy88 wrote: »
    Well done Sammy, what's next?
  • Louise89
    Louise89 Registered Posts: 296 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hey don't give up!

Have you tried doing some mock exams - maybe they will help your confidence as sometimes if you're very nervous, its hard to settle into an exam, but if you're more confident your nerves won't be so bad.

Good luck! x

No emotion for a hug, so *hugs* :)
  • Sulew17
    Sulew17 Registered Posts: 174 Dedicated contributor 🦉

Well done Sammy - that's great!

Su
  • Sammmy88
    Thanks!! :-)

Next is costs!!! Eak!! Which is next week!
    Level 2 - Passed 2011
    Level 3 - Passed 2012
    Level 4 - Passed 2014

• Sulew17
    Sulew17 Registered Posts: 174 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Thanks!! :-)

Next is costs!!! Eak!! Which is next week!

Good luck! Not doing Costs exam until December. We've got Cash Management mid-Nov.

Su
Privacy Policy