Costs & Revenues at Halloween

KaySarah
KaySarah Registered Posts: 215 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
Placement of Order:
Daughter (Mon pm) - I'm going to a fancy dress night for Halloween. Outfits cost too much to hire - can you make me one please? I need it for Saturday :-)
Mom - Um ... ok- what am I making?
Daughter - I've printed a picture from a vampire game on my computer ...!
MATERIAL COSTS - Made dash at lunchtime to purchase materials for the job.
Order Sizing Query - and when will you be around to try it on & for measurements?
Daughter - Oh - I'm going to movies Tues & Work social event Wed .. and no mention has been made that I have to be around. Here's a T shirt that fits me, use it as a sizing template - but can you make it with long sleeves and a V-neck (not too low) and a sort of sailor yoke with white ribbons on it and a red neckerchief to go around the V? Oh and the skirt is to sit on my hips (without making muffin top) and can it have a full swing and be above my knees (the ones that won't be there to measure).
INDIRECT COSTS - Purple stained mother from dark indigo cloth, bleary eyes and tired mother.
DIRECT LABOUR - Tues 9pm-11pm .. cutting out & sewing skirt (the easy bit)
INDIRECT COSTS - put into machine to wash excess dye out or Vampiress will turn into She-Witch if purple stained on Saturday.
DIRECT LABOUR - Wed 9pm - 1am .. cut out and sew long sleeved top, attach ribbons and neckerchief - place on hanger for The Princess of Darkness to inspect when she arrives home.
TOTAL COSTS - Irrecoverable ...
SELLING PRICE - Priceless ...
REVENUE - The hug, the smile, the words ...I Love you Mom - it's perfect - thank you!
How old is daughter .... 25!
A son will marry & take him a wife but a daughter's a daughter for all of her life :-)

Comments

• anisurrahman
    anisurrahman Registered Posts: 130 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    :)
    KaySarah wrote: »
    Placement of Order:
    Daughter (Mon pm) - I'm going to a fancy dress night for Halloween. Outfits cost too much to hire - can you make me one please? I need it for Saturday :-)
    Mom - Um ... ok- what am I making?
    Daughter - I've printed a picture from a vampire game on my computer ...!
    MATERIAL COSTS - Made dash at lunchtime to purchase materials for the job.
    Order Sizing Query - and when will you be around to try it on & for measurements?
    Daughter - Oh - I'm going to movies Tues & Work social event Wed .. and no mention has been made that I have to be around. Here's a T shirt that fits me, use it as a sizing template - but can you make it with long sleeves and a V-neck (not too low) and a sort of sailor yoke with white ribbons on it and a red neckerchief to go around the V? Oh and the skirt is to sit on my hips (without making muffin top) and can it have a full swing and be above my knees (the ones that won't be there to measure).
    INDIRECT COSTS - Purple stained mother from dark indigo cloth, bleary eyes and tired mother.
    DIRECT LABOUR - Tues 9pm-11pm .. cutting out & sewing skirt (the easy bit)
    INDIRECT COSTS - put into machine to wash excess dye out or Vampiress will turn into She-Witch if purple stained on Saturday.
    DIRECT LABOUR - Wed 9pm - 1am .. cut out and sew long sleeved top, attach ribbons and neckerchief - place on hanger for The Princess of Darkness to inspect when she arrives home.
    TOTAL COSTS - Irrecoverable ...
    SELLING PRICE - Priceless ...
    REVENUE - The hug, the smile, the words ...I Love you Mom - it's perfect - thank you!
    How old is daughter .... 25!
    A son will marry & take him a wife but a daughter's a daughter for all of her life :-)
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Brilliant
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • Sharleen
    Sharleen Registered Posts: 36 Regular contributor ⭐
    Love it!
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Fantastic! And well done you for being such a fab Mum to do all that :D
  • KaySarah
    KaySarah Registered Posts: 215 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Thanks Monsoon - that was such a nice thing to say.

Glad everyone else also liked it.

ps: I also dislike the T word!! :-|
Privacy Policy