Excel / Mouse Problem!

T.C.
T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
I am a very weird problem that I can't seem to find the answer to anywhere. After a system crash, I re-installed my mouse and updated its driver online. Now whenever I right click on an excel spreadsheet it automatically takes that as a double click. I simply cannot right click once on a spreadsheet. The right click works perfectly on everything
else, ie word documents etc. Anyone know the answer to this really strange one?????

Comments

• Jonno1
    Jonno1 Registered Posts: 63 Regular contributor ⭐
    What exactly are you trying to do with the right click function? If you are in excel, would it be easier if you just selected a meno command at the top to open a file?
  • T.C.
    Example - If I try to right click on a column to, say, delete it, I can't as the mouse think I have double-clicked.
  • Jonno1
    Jonno1 Registered Posts: 63 Regular contributor ⭐
    Why don't you just select the column using left click, then select 'edit' at the top with left click, then 'delete', then 'column'.
  • T.C.
    Can do, or use the key on the keyboard, just so used to using the right click, that it is annoying.
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Does it work ok with a different mouse?
    Are you really attached to that mouse?
    Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling that mouse again?
    Ditto but letting Windows find the drivers itself?
    Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling excel?

And, because I can, have you tried rebooting the computer? :p
  • JodieR
    JodieR Registered Posts: 1,002 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Have you tried going into the control panel and selecting the mouse and checking the settings?
  • T.C.
    Haven't tried a different mouse, but don't think it is a mouse problem as the right click works on other software. Yes the mouse has been uninstalled and re-installed. The problem was on 2007 excel (a trial version) and then again on the new 2010 version. Yes, have had my expert (my son) in the control panel and checking settings. Everything works fine with the mouse except on an excel spreadsheet. Really weird.
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Hmm, I don't know then.

Really, really odd.

Have you googled it?

I found this. Does it help?
    http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/smallbusinessgeneral/thread/cb2ce78b-7b9c-498e-8125-bf98da6b5b65
  • T.C.
    Possibly...............I have asked my son to check it out for me. Thanks. Will let you know the outcome.
  • mrb82
    mrb82 Registered Posts: 147 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Good morning,

Sorry for venturing in to the members section, but I had a similar problem with my work mouse.

When I told our IT team they just changed the mouse without looking in to it further, so it must be a common problem, and that is the best solution.

I'm going back to the student section now!
  • T.C.
    Thanks for venturing into our section - I may well take your advice. Look forward to seeing you in this forum soon!!
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    mrb82 wrote: Β»
    Sorry for venturing in to the members section..

Get out while you still can!

;)
  • Yazi
    Yazi Registered Posts: 225 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    I had this problem with my work mouse, but with the left click. Was double clicking everything.
    On Sage especially, this was a nightmare.
    Tried a different mouse and it worked fine.
    New mouse bought and this was sorted.
Privacy Policy