Feeling a bit overwhelmed

Sharleen
Sharleen Registered Posts: 36 Regular contributor ⭐
Ugh, got costs and revenues exam on Thursday and I'm feeling like I've got way too much to get through. I'm just finishing chapter 5 of 10 in the Osborne book, also need time to do a mock exam or two. I plan to study all day today but already am feeling a bit over it!

Hope you're all having a better Saturday than me so far!

Comments

• melb2902
    melb2902 Registered Posts: 38 Regular contributor ⭐
    I felt abit like this when I was doing my API - I just thought of the £50 exam fee that I would lose if I failed - it was motivation enough for me lol!!

Keep at it and think of the longer term goal and motivate yourself that way maybe?

Good luck though!! :-)
  • Kirsty83
    Kirsty83 Registered Posts: 57 Epic contributor 🐘
    I was having the same worrying panic on tuesday over my AP1 exam which isn't until the 30th!!!

It's safe to say that all of us have felt like this, but it's a natural feeling for anyone taking exams. I can't stand exams, I always feel like it's me vs them, but it's something that we have to take on and realise that, so long as we remain determined, then there isn't anything we can't do.

Just make sure you study efficiently and understand what the questions are asking you to do. The main thing when it comes to exams, is knowing EXACTLY what the question is asking of you. So long as you know all the key points and are able to intepret that knowledge into your answer, you'll be fine.

I find it ironic that I always seem to be able to give people positive advice, yet I don't practice what I preach half the time, hmmm....need to work on that I thnk!!

Good Luck! x
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Kirsty - I know exactly what you mean, I have my first exam of level 3, spreadsheets on Tuesday. Have said to many in the group read the question and you will be fine, but I am terrified my mind will go blank and I'll forget everything, yet most of it I use every day at work.

Sharleen - Good luck on Thursday!

Jan
  • Sharleen
    Thanks all. Got 3 chapters left to do now so I'll still be studying all day today but I'm getting there.

It always feels like so much in the books and then you do a couple of mock exams and they ask hardly anything! Still, good to learn it all I guess.

Good luck everyone
  • anisurrahman
    anisurrahman Registered Posts: 130 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Good Luck Sharleen... :)
  • uknitty
    uknitty Registered Posts: 591 Epic contributor 🐘
    Good luck Sharleen :)
  • Louise89
    Louise89 Registered Posts: 296 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I know how you feel! I have APII & CRS exams in a fortnight and I'm feeling slightly overwhelmed, but the thought of passing and how good it feels keeps me motivated!

Just think baby steps :)

Good Luck!
  • Sharleen
    PASSED!!

Thank god for that. Youre' right Louise89, it is a great feeling. On to Professional Ethics now.

Let us know how you get on with your exams.
  • Louise89
    Louise89 Registered Posts: 296 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Sharleen wrote: »
    PASSED!!

Thank god for that. Youre' right Louise89, it is a great feeling. On to Professional Ethics now.

Let us know how you get on with your exams.

Congratulations!! PEAF is going to be a breeze for you now! :D
  • Clarekaye
    Clarekaye Registered Posts: 307
    Yay well done!
  • Sharleen
    Yeah it was a bit different. Basically looking for the same things but not asking the questions in the same way. Unlike some of the others where you get exactly what is in the mock exams but just with different numbers. I reckon if I were able to know my actual mark I probably would've just scraped it.
  • Kirsty83
    Kirsty83 Registered Posts: 57 Epic contributor 🐘
    Congrats Sharleen!! :)

Found out that my AP1 has been pushed back from 30th Nov to 7th Dec. Happy that we get an extra week to study BUT at the same time, wanted to get it over and done with! Ugh!!

And so the studying continues.......
Privacy Policy