old books?

delbel
delbel Registered Posts: 5 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi, I am just wondering (and the question has probably been asked before) are the old books still ok to use?

I am studying towards level 3 and have all the old books, are the new books significantly different?

Thanks.
Del

Comments

• anisurrahman
    anisurrahman Registered Posts: 130 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I think only Indirect Tax's book is effected due to recent Vat rate change from 17.5% to 20%. The rest should be fine. How old are your books?

Ronnie
  • delbel
    Thanks, they are 2010-2011 editions, for assessments prior to august 2011.

Del
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I think Professional Ethics has or is due to be updated. I know that there are two different versions listed on the BPP LM list depending when you are sitting the exam and when the AAT guidelines are updated during 2011.
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hi Del

BPP just reprinted 2010 Professional Ethics and sent it out as they didn't have time to update when they changed the Ethics in August. I have Kaplan books from last year and as Ronnie says the only one to watch is Direct Tax the principles seem the same but the VAT rate has changed so some of the workings are different. I am using new BPP and old Kaplan in AP1 and not noticed a difference yet.

Where are you with your studies?
  • delbel
    thanks for all the replies everyone.

i will carry on using the books i have.

I have just started level 3 now, so am doing AP1. Hoping to squeeze an exam in before christmas if i can.
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Good luck with the study, iam on AP1, exam just after christmas, sat Spreadsheets yesterday, and got Ethics on 13th Dec. Starting Basic Tax on Tuesday.
  • anisurrahman
    anisurrahman Registered Posts: 130 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I am doing AP1 as well.... :)
Privacy Policy