Spredsheet Results

ajm
ajm Registered Posts: 17 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Has anyone else done the spreadsheet CBP with Kaplan Distance Learning? How long did your results take? I took the exam almost two weeks ago and I'm already starting to get twitchy so I'd like to know how long it usually takes Kaplan to get them marked!

Comments

• uknitty
    uknitty Registered Posts: 591 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Sorry I can't tell you how long it usually takes, but I just wanted to say good luck and let us know how you get on :)
  • geek84
    geek84 Registered Posts: 568 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Hi

I think it takes about 4 weeks to get your results.

I have got my exam in a fortnight's time. What would you suggest are the main topics that I need to concentrate on?

Thanks
  • ajm
    It was very similar to the Muddlestone practice exam so if you can do that you should be fine. I don't want to say too much because I think everyone gets the same paper but make sure you are good with functions (sum, average, if etc.), conditional formatting, simple pivot tables, graphs. Just make sure you read the questions carefully and do exactly what they ask! Good luck!
  • geek84
    geek84 Registered Posts: 568 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Hi

Many thanks indeed for that info, ajm.

Good luck with your studies and if you ever need help or discuss the coursework, you can always PM me.
  • kimmyj
    kimmyj Registered Posts: 3 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    I have been waiting 6 weeks and 6 days! Sat another cba with them last week and asked about it, they said they would get back to me but nearly a week later Im still waiting for them to get in touch with me and/or mark it! Ggggggrrrrrrrr
  • ajm
    Update: 8 weeks now. I have emailed Kaplan twice and have just received the following email.

"There is a slight delay but I have contacted the assessor for an update. I have asked her to prioritise your assessment.

Thank you for your patience."

I won't hold my breath!
  • Alli
    Alli Registered Posts: 1 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    I took my Unit 31 assessments with Kaplan in April/May this year with Kaplan. Of the 3 assessments, I received one result after about 6 weeks, the second result in September and the last result only 2 weeks ago.
    I had to chase the last 2 results and found 4 1/2 months after the assessment that they had lost one of my answer sheets but had not bothered to contact me to say this. I wonder how long it would have taken them to contact me if I had not been looking for my results.
    Seriously thinking about changing to BPP after AP1 as the book and revision notes are riddled with errors that I have been given error sheets to correct myself.
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Hi Ali

We used Kaplan last year and found the same problems, lots of errors. Using BPP this year, used 5 books so far and only 1 mistake, so fingers crossed.

How are you finding AP1, i did a quick practice on the study zone last night and only go 10%........seriously need to do some extra work

Jan
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    I mark the spreadsheet assessments at Chichester College

It can take me up to 2 hours to mark a single assessment

In terms of my marking these are very time consuming, the marking criteria is detailed.
    If you assessor is taking the marking seriously, the chances are that he/she is finding it very time consuming too

Please bear with her/him. I would certainly prefer an accurate professional assessment to a fast one. Obviously if you can have a fast and accurate one then that is wonderful.
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • jayne.pope@irml.net
    jayne.pope@irml.net Registered Posts: 15 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Although I have read a lot of negative comments about HLC I have to say that my spreadsheets exam was marked and the result emailed to me within 48 hours (Passed!!). I hear it can take up to 4 weeks but just wanted to say something good for once and don't believe all you read about the various providers and base everything on personal experience. I have studied with HLC for 3 years and always seem to have my results in a speedy fashion.

Good luck to all those waiting for results and those studying this unit. If you know your basic formula you will be ok. Just make sure you read the instructions (obvious I know but sometimes its very easy to ignore) ie formatting, font size etc and you will gain valuable points.

I really enjoyed this unit. Hope you all do too.

J
  • janwal
    I have spreadsheet exam at 10am tomorrow, hoping nothing to unusual appears in it, can do most of the basics and have done the practice test, not sure about the time factor though will have to keep a close eye on it as took me over 2 hrs to do the practice.

Oh well........fingers crossed!!

Jan
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Good Luck Jan - You'll be fine!
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Louise89
    Louise89 Registered Posts: 296 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I'm in a Kaplan Day Release class and did my Spreadsheets exam last month and I havn't had any feedback yet :(

I asked my tutors and all they said is that they are severly under staffed and overworked and that there is a huge backlog of exams that need to be marked from August & September.. I also sat my WEAF in August and only had the results come through AAT at the end of last month and so waiting for my Level 2 cert still.....

Not holding my breath!
  • janwal
    Well sat spreadsheets this morning, I hope I pass it was horrible. Went to download the data sheet and it was blank, 6 of us had the same problem, technician called.......useless, in the end one of the other students worked out the problem, but by then I was panicking and my mind was all over the place, so if I do pass it will be by the skin of my teeth.

Oh well...........wait for result whenever that is, took them 11 weeks to mark WEAF.

Now to study the next....ethics 16th December

Jan
  • anisurrahman
    anisurrahman Registered Posts: 130 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I am sure you will be fine Jan... Good Luck
  • Louise89
    Louise89 Registered Posts: 296 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    janwal wrote: ยป
    Well sat spreadsheets this morning, I hope I pass it was horrible. Went to download the data sheet and it was blank, 6 of us had the same problem, technician called.......useless, in the end one of the other students worked out the problem, but by then I was panicking and my mind was all over the place, so if I do pass it will be by the skin of my teeth.

Oh well...........wait for result whenever that is, took them 11 weeks to mark WEAF.

Now to study the next....ethics 16th December

Jan

This is why I hate Learnplus exams! God, that really is off putting! Did any of you make a complaint?

Good luck for ethics - just a straight forward CBA, so you won't have to worry about downloading anything!
  • ajm
    Finally, 11 weeks today and I am "Competent" in Spreadsheets! I'm just glad I don't have to go through that wait again. I'll be choosing a different training provider for ICAS, that's for sure!
  • janwal
    Congratulations ajm...it's horrible having to wait that long we had same problem with WEAF. Been told our Spreadsheets was being marked today so may know by next week....fingers crossed.

Hi Louise, no we didn't bother to make it official but made our feelings known.

Jan
  • janwal
    Got my results today and to my surprise ...........I passed!!!

Jan
  • anisurrahman
    anisurrahman Registered Posts: 130 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Congratulations Jan.... well done :)

Ronnie
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Ronnie
    Marking spreadsheets assessments is very time consuming.
    Chichester College has come up with one way to try to make it bearable.
    I sympathise with those students waiting for results and with the assessors who are having to mark their assessments.

I would be concerned (and possibly very impressed) with any where able to mark a whole class within 2 weeks. I think I'll need everyday of a two week window to do the job properly.
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
Privacy Policy