Practice CBA Budgeting

jane
jane Registered Posts: 165 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Hi all

Another question, I have just done the practice CBA's on MYAAT for budgeting and have successfully completed them much to my amazement! :)
Question is can anyone tell me if the real ones are very much the same?
Thanking you all in advance

Comments

• Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Hello Jane

I've not sat the BGT CBA yet but do recall a lot of posts on here saying that the practice CBA is similar to the real CBA. Only thing I would add, and this has also been posted before, it is best not to question spot for the CBAs... not very helpful I know. I'm sure you have worked hard and that your effort will be duly rewarded. 2 1/2 weeks is really quick to study and sit the CBAs for BGT and FNPF! Good luck and let us know how you get on.

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • jane
    Hi Jo,

I've been going to college since sept for level 4, but had to finish off level 3 also. Gosh I don't think I could be that quick in learning! I have and still am finding it very tough to understand, but am getting there slowly but surely.
    I just wondered what the real thing was like really as I have always sat paper based exams and not CBA's. This will be my first bash at it :)
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    CBAs are great Jane and it sounds like some of the Level 4 results are coming through quicker than the set six weeks.

My first CBA was Level 3 and I have sat a CBA at Level 4 and only found a few niggles with the exams being computerised, all of which the AAT have addressed and fixed e.g. scrolling in the Level 4 FNST CBA.

Good luck.
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • freck59
    freck59 Registered Posts: 39 Regular contributor โญ
    I did the Budgeting CBA on 9th November and I'd say it was pretty much like the practice ones. A really useful tool I found for the written part was the 'Extended Writing task guidance" which is listed just under the practice CBAs.

I've got FNPF next - not looking forward to that one as several bits are lodging in the part of my brain that I don't appear to have access to - hence me trawling the internet for guidance at 11.15 on a Sunday night! Good to hear that they've fixed the scrolling issues. I usually write all the figure work down and then transfer it to avoid the scrolling but there's room for an error there in copying figures again and again.

Good luck with the budgeting CBA, Jane :)
  • beavis182
    beavis182 Registered Posts: 130 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I found it pretty much the same as the practice ones and the Osborne ones on their website just with different figures used. I got stuck on a written question on lifecycle which I wasnt prepared for and a few at the beginning. Apart from that it was fine and I definately found it easier than Financial Performance.
  • jane
    Hi all

Well I sat the budgeting CBA on Wednesday!! I was so nervous before I went in but when the exam started, settled down fairly quickly. I thought it was very much like the practice CBA's (which I was so pleased about). Did not like the written parts though, tried to think about things logically, I can honestly say I really don't know how it went! 50/50 chance, so will see when my result come through!! FP next, really not looking forward to this one!! ;)
  • freck59
    freck59 Registered Posts: 39 Regular contributor โญ
    jane wrote: ยป
    Hi all

Well I sat the budgeting CBA on Wednesday!! I was so nervous before I went in but when the exam started, settled down fairly quickly. I thought it was very much like the practice CBA's (which I was so pleased about). Did not like the written parts though, tried to think about things logically, I can honestly say I really don't know how it went! 50/50 chance, so will see when my result come through!! FP next, really not looking forward to this one!! ;)

I took FNPF on Friday and again its very like the practice CBA. One piece of advice I'd give is that if you get stuck on a calculation move on! I was shocked to see that I'd only half an hour left for part 2 as I'd got stuck on working out the fixed overhead variances!

The writing part - no hiding place here I'm afraid. You just have to know it.

My part 2 questions were based around two scenarios for the same company both showing different net and gross profits, different sales prices and volumes and different expenses and overheads. I had to explain calculate ROCE and other ratios and say why they were different and although I knew what I wanted to say I couldn't get the words down! In the end I just 'steamed ahead' with the typing and then once I had something down tried to rearrange the words to make some sense. I took the full time to do it - pressing the finish button out of resignation more than the fact that I'd finished with 30 seconds to spare.

If I have to do it again (highly likely I reckon) I'm going to start with the written parts as they don't depend on any previous questions and then go back to the calculations as I've heard more points are awarded for the written part.
Privacy Policy