AP1 Exam Tomorrow - Keycode help please??

Rebecca498
Rebecca498 Registered Posts: 33 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi All,

I'm sitting my AP1 exam tomorrow and I've just done the AAT practice CBT.

I noticed that on the very first page of it, the screen asks for a keycode. With it being a practice one, this is already filled in. But should I have a keycode for the exam tomorrow or will this be supplied for me when I get there?

I don't have one and as I study long distance and this is my first computer based exam, I'm not sure if this is something I should have asked my tutor for. I just booked direct with the centre and the tutor never mentioned anything!

I would really appreciate any info you might have about this.

Thanks,

Rebecca

Comments

• MWAUGH1983
    MWAUGH1983 Registered Posts: 420 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    When I have done CBE - I have done 2; I was never given a code. There should be a slip of paper at the computer which will all your details, AAT membership no., name, exam etc. Any code you need to enter should be on there - im sure I remember getting one though I have done 2 on the old standards.

Hope all goes well for the exam - I have AP I next monday. How do you feel? Make sure you let us know how you get on!

Martin
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hi Rebecca

When you get into the exam you will be given the code needed to access the CBE

Good luck for tomorrow

Jan
  • Kirsty83
    Kirsty83 Registered Posts: 57 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hi Rebecca,

From what I can remember when I sat my CBE for my Level 2, the key code was our college ID number.

With you doing your studies through distance learning, you won't have that. However I concur what Martin has said in his above reply, you will a piece of paper at the computer with all your necessary details.
    When you go into the exam, you will be told of what to enter (if anything) the necessary key code, as I was.

Hope that helps and try not to panic! I have my AP1 on 7th December, so would love to hear feedback from you on how the exam was.

Good Luck! X
  • MWAUGH1983
    Good luck kirsty on the 7th! How do you find disposals? Do you have any way of remembering it?

Cheers
    Martin
  • KaySarah
    KaySarah Registered Posts: 215 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hi Rebecca
    The examiner will supply you with a keycode once he has checked you off his list when you enter the room.
    Take your time, read Q carefully and ... the very best of luck!
  • anisurrahman
    anisurrahman Registered Posts: 130 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Good Luck Rebecca....
  • Kirsty83
    Kirsty83 Registered Posts: 57 Epic contributor 🐘
    MWAUGH1983 wrote: »
    Good luck kirsty on the 7th! How do you find disposals? Do you have any way of remembering it?

Cheers
    Martin

Thanks Martin!

Depreciation, in general has taken me a little while longer to understand than the rest of it. I don't have a specific way to remember it (as off right now), but hoping that by the time the 7th arrives, I'll be good to go!
  • Rebecca498
    Hi All,

You've all been very kind in your replies and you were right, all the info I needed was there! It was on a piece of paper at the front and you just entered what you were told to, when you were told to.

I found the exam ok to be honest, I passed so I'm very pleased! On to AP2...

Rebecca :)
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Well done Rebecca..........mine booked for 10th January
  • KaySarah
    KaySarah Registered Posts: 215 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Well Done Rebecca! Another small step accomplished.
  • MWAUGH1983
    Well done rebecca! Hope I have similar news to share on monday! :)
  • Rebecca498
    Good luck to all those taking it next! Studying for it was so hard for me, but definitely worth it!
Privacy Policy