ftax + vt accounts issues!

lorraine
lorraine Registered Posts: 404 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
hi there, I have just started using the above and am having probs. When submitting it is coming up with the following error:

Problems found in tax form
Code : 3312 Box Location : Accounts : Date of signing Directors Report (uk-direpateSigningDirectorsReport) is missing.
Code : 3312 Box Location : Accounts : Name of Director signing Directors Report (uk-direpirectorSigningReport) is missing.

having a right nightmare with this software, spending hours trying to work it out!.

Comments

• Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    The tax software will check that the iXBRL files you attach (computations and accounts) comply with the various requirements.

It sounds like you need to go back to VT, and go to the Data tab, and enter the info that is missing. Then generate the iXBRL accounts again, and retry the tax form.

It is a bit of a learning curve, but once you get the hang of it, it's ok, but yeah, it does take a while the first few times! Bring back PDFs is what I say!

Any more problems with it, come back and I'll see what I can do. Failing that, email Ftax support and tell 'em I sent you (they know me quite well) as they are pretty good at helping out.

G'luck! :)
  • lorraine
    thank you, have noticed a few people on here have found the software ok. mmm will have look through vt tonight
  • lorraine
    Although, I am starting to feel like giving now, or getting someone else to do it, as I have been putting so much time into this and all that is stopping it going through is a signature and date, seems ridiculous, something so simple. But feeling like this won't get anyone anywhere, I'm normally a positive person. I've even had my partner look through to see if he can help as it is making me moody and miserable and he's a mechanic lol. Got this is making me feel like crap. The thing is I don't know what the error means and is what it is exactly that is missing!. I really have almost even up.

By data tabs, do you literally mean the excel spreadsheet tabs, and just looking through and checking I have filled out the necessary parts?.
  • lorraine
  • lorraine
    this may be the answer!

Home | Support | VT Final Accounts topics

Support topics - VT Final Accounts

iXBRL and the directors' report

General
    A corporation tax return (CT600) will be automatically rejected by HMRC if the attached accounts do not contain the following tags in respect of the directors' report:

Director signing report (or secretary)
    Date of signing of directors' report
    VT Final Accounts will only allow you to generate an iXBRL accounts file using the normal accounts option if a name and a date are marked with these tags. However, this rule does not apply to the abbreviated accounts option.

You will get a submission error from HMRC if you attach abbreviated accounts to a CT600. However, this will not be a nice clear message saying that abbreviated accounts have been attached in error. Instead you will get a message saying the above tags are missing.

I've been trying to send abbrv, will try tonight though, still working full time employed also!.
  • lorraine
    thought I would post my findings, this may help others!
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I didn't think HMRC would accept abbreviated accounts even before iXBRL. Have you always submitted abbreviated accounts and had them be accepted?
  • Monsoon
    By data tabs, do you literally mean the excel spreadsheet tabs, and just looking through and checking I have filled out the necessary parts?.

Yes.

If you make sure that's done, then in Excel click Add Ons > VT iXBRL > Generate iXBRL file and leave all the settings standard, it should go through without any problems. I've never had to manually tax anything.
  • Monsoon
    Yeah, you want to send full reports to HMRC with the CT600. There is no directors report on Abbrv, so that might explain it?
  • lorraine
    ok believe I have sorted now.
  • reader
    reader Registered Posts: 1,037 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Sorry for this off topic post but.....

I know that VT is probably the most popular accounting programme used by MiP

However is FTax the most popular/efficient tax programme? Or is it taxcal?
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    TaxCalc!
Privacy Policy