I-Phone

Yazi
Yazi Registered Posts: 225 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Hello

Advice on I-Phone please - if anyone has one.......(4s-maybe)

Recommended or not?

Anyone got a good deal with Vodafone preferably?

Thanks

Comments

• PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    4 and 4s if you can afford are both very good. It has a very hi def screen, whatever you get make sure it has similar.

Was it the T3 mag which voted a Samsung Android as the best smart phone this year. But I think theres little in it!
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I love Apple phones. I'll never own another make.

Amazing phones, so easy to use.
  • mini_schnauzer
    mini_schnauzer Registered Posts: 347 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I've had an iPhone since the original came out 1G (first generation) - didn't even have apps back then!
    Loved it from the start and still love it ... I also will never leave for the other dark side. I'm apple thru and thru with a MAC and iPad to complete the set.
  • JaffasGirl
    JaffasGirl Registered Posts: 387 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I have to say I agree, iPhone all the way! My boyfriend went over to the aforementioned 'dark side' for about two month, got fed up of the poor battery life and that some of the 'selling points' like the live weather takes a massive chunk of your data allowance.

He's now back with an iPhone, and probably won't change to a different phone. So easy to use, and so many apps that the phone can't get boring.

The only benefit of the HTC is the use of flash. But that said it doesn't affect me unless I want to watch video on the BBC F1 website:) but I think to cons outweigh the pros...
  • anisurrahman
    anisurrahman Registered Posts: 130 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I am using iPhone 4... and I think iPhone is the best. I have used BlackBerry as well.... didn't like it.
  • tawny75
    tawny75 Registered Posts: 22 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    See I am the opposite, I am not an iPhone fan and would be lost without my Blackberry. I love it!
  • PGM
    See I am the opposite, I am not an iPhone fan and would be lost without my Blackberry. I love it!

I look after phones at work, we have a bunch of Blackberrys and they're good business phones, especially when used with a BEZ server etc, but I wouldn't swap my iPhone for one!

I think once you're an apple fan its hard to go back, good software and hardware. Although to try and stay fair, its worth a look at the Android phones also.
  • mrb82
    mrb82 Registered Posts: 147 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I'm tempted to go with Blackberry Bold 9900 from January, had my HTC for the last two years and the battery life is shocking. Won't last all day if I use it for what it's meant to be used for!
  • tawny75
    tawny75 Registered Posts: 22 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Mine is a Blackberry Bold 9780, I use it quite averagely, using the internet and apps most days. My battery usually lasts 3 days or so. If I only use it for texting it will last about 5
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I have a BlackBerry Bold 9700 which was an upgrade from the first Bold. It crashes all the time but other than that I like it.

I have an iPad and love it. Because I've got that, I don't feel the need to get an iPhone though I know I would love it. When my contract is up I'm just going to get something cheap-ish so will probably go Android.
  • Makkusu
    Makkusu Registered Posts: 94 Regular contributor โญ
    I'd recommend Android's over iPhone's in all honesty.

You can do so much more with an Android and iPhone charge you ยฃ200 more for specs that are weaker than the average HTC/Samsung Android... Honestly don't know why people buy them to be honest, purely paying for the brand.

If you're an Apple fan then go for it but there's much better phones out there if you read about, not everyone realises it because Apple have all the money to dominate with advertising etc.
  • PGM
    I'd recommend Android's over iPhone's in all honesty.

You can do so much more with an Android and iPhone charge you ยฃ200 more for specs that are weaker than the average HTC/Samsung Android... Honestly don't know why people buy them to be honest, purely paying for the brand.

If you're an Apple fan then go for it but there's much better phones out there if you read about, not everyone realises it because Apple have all the money to dominate with advertising etc.

I've had 3 htc and 2 iPhone. Quality of the apple product is much higher. With the OS, I really think there's little in it, samsung really are good, great to use and good camera, but the product felt cheaper and that decides it for me.

The good thing is the phone companies are really keeping each other on their toes
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I don't like how any other phone I hold feels light and cheap plastic, the glass on the 4/4S and the extra weight make it feel like a quality product.

Also the seamless intergrate between iPhone, iPad and Mac with iOS 5 is amazing.
  • anisurrahman
    anisurrahman Registered Posts: 130 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I agree with AK002... iPhone is the best :).
Privacy Policy