icas feedback from Kaplan...

davejvh
davejvh Registered Posts: 19 New contributor 🐸
Hi,

Has anyone had any problems with ICAS feedback from Kaplan?

My first submission has been returned with what appears to be completely generic and irrelevant feedback points. I'm not convinced the examiner has even read my report.

I'm wondering if they just reject the first draft by default? Does everyone get the same six bullet points?

Trouble is, neither I, my mentor, the kaplan tutor i got on the phone or her manager can figure out what I am supposed to change, which makes resubmitting the report a bit daunting in case it gets rejected because I haven't amended it!

Comments

• reader
    reader Registered Posts: 1,037 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hahaha

When I sent my project proposal in I got a really generic e-mail back saying "I made some interesting points...", "Don't forget to do this...................", "Don't forget to do that..............", blah blah blah.

I haven't sent my draft in but I'm pretty sure they are sending generic pointers out after the project proposal stage.

I think it's really bad if they are even sending out generic e-mails after the first draft!

What have you been advised to do?

What's your project on?
  • Becky V
    Becky V Registered Posts: 374 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    davejvh wrote: »
    Hi,

Has anyone had any problems with ICAS feedback from Kaplan?

My first submission has been returned with what appears to be completely generic and irrelevant feedback points. I'm not convinced the examiner has even read my report.

I'm wondering if they just reject the first draft by default? Does everyone get the same six bullet points?

Trouble is, neither I, my mentor, the kaplan tutor i got on the phone or her manager can figure out what I am supposed to change, which makes resubmitting the report a bit daunting in case it gets rejected because I haven't amended it!

Hi when i submitted my first draft i have a form back which showed the areas i was competent and which bits i need to improve on, also there was guidance of what had to be improve. Is this your first draft submitted to th AAT learn plus?
  • davejvh
    @Becky yes, on learnplus. I didn't get a form back showing competencies or anything, just 6 bullet points which were patronising and irrelevant. Are you using Kaplan or someone else?

@reader I got the same generic email as you at that stage, all Kaplan students do no doubt. BEWARE though they won't bother to tell you they have marked the draft on learnplus (they said on the phone they're too busy to actually contact the students paying them hundreds of pounds for their services), it sat there for 3 weeks before I chased them and they said "yeh it's been marked, look on learnplus for your feedback".

I am now convinced that they only rejected the first draft because it was a first draft. I worked very hard to get it right first time and totally cover all of the points. I won't post the feedback until after my second submission has been marked, in case it gets me into trouble.

My second submission report was the same as the first, so if it is rejected as not competent with actual feedback on what I need to change that will further underline the fact that the first examiner didn't even read my report!
  • Becky V
    Becky V Registered Posts: 374 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi davejvh i was using Kaplan. That is very odd! I recieved my first feedback within 2 weeks. I would try to find out why this has happened, doesnt make sense to me!!
  • davejvh
    After many weeks and lots of chasing, the second submission, identical to the first, passed without issue. So, whoever 'marked' the first submission really didn't read it.

Kaplan assure me that the person in question no longer marks ICAS.
Privacy Policy