Exam results

Becky V
Becky V Registered Posts: 374 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
Hi another thread regarding exam results!!! I took my business tax exam 3 weeks ago, how quick are the results coming back?! I so hate this waiting game!!!!!
Β«1

Comments

• beavis182
    beavis182 Registered Posts: 130 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    about 6 weeks. I hate it too, its hard to move on to another subject until the results come in just incase it needs to be re-done!
  • jenny3549
    jenny3549 Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    I took budgeting three and a half weeks ago and checking my SOA twice a day now!
  • Roro1303
    Roro1303 Registered Posts: 38 Epic contributor 🐘
    Exactly, same here too, i took my PART 2- Credit Management about 3 weeks now and still no result.
    currently working on FNST & BGT. bring back the old level 3 time where you finish an exam and get your result straight after.

cheers
  • uknitty
    uknitty Registered Posts: 591 Epic contributor 🐘
    It took 4 weeks to the day for me to get my budgeting results - perhaps yours will be any day soon....

Good luck to all you serial SOA checkers !
  • Becky V
    I do hope so Uknitty, the 6 week wait really kills me and i am checking everyday!!!! Was that recently you received your results? I have got my financial statements exam 28th Nov so it would be nice to have my result before then but not looking likely!!
  • adiba
    adiba Registered Posts: 53 Epic contributor 🐘
    Becky

I got my results back for FNPF in 4weeks and that was only just last week so hopefully you'll be getting yours any day now! Good luck!
  • uknitty
    I did Budgeting on 28th September so yes, fairly recently.
  • Becky V
    Anyone else sat an exam around 27th October and still waiting for exam results??!!
  • jenny3549
    jenny3549 Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Becky V wrote: Β»
    Anyone else sat an exam around 27th October and still waiting for exam results??!!

Hi Becky.

Yep, sat my Budgeting on the 25th and still waiting too! :sad:
  • Alicia
    Alicia Registered Posts: 40 Regular contributor ⭐
    I took my FS on 28th and still nothing! I feel frustrated waiting for it! Aaghh!!
  • Alicia
    Also, does anyone know if you receive an email to say that your results are in?xx
  • Becky V
    I havent received an email before when i have set an exam but i understand some people have on here, think its very random!! Hows your FS exam i have got mine monday!!! x
  • Alicia
    It was okay really, what I expected but then I still doubt how I have done! And the computer crashed on 1 question so I had to do one of them twice but it wasn't too much of a drama! I Revised lots of practice papers, old and new standards so I felt quite prepared! Good luck for Monday! Let me know how it goes. X
  • Becky V
    Hi Alicia, was there anything in your exam about th conceptual framework for financial reporting as i have just had an email from my tutor and he said that the exam hasnt changed to the new standars yet, but im sure i have read on here that some have sat the exam with this in!!!Help im confused!!!!!
  • uknitty
    Becky there will almost certainly be a question on the framework in question 2

The concepts are exactly the same, but some of the names for things are slightly different - nothing too much to worry about.

http://www.osbornebooks.co.uk/files/ltd_co_accounts_amends_2011_1.pdf
  • Alicia
    Hi Becky

I am certain I was assessed on the framework in section 2. It wasn't a lengthy question but concerned the 4 principal qualitative characteristics: understandability, relevance, reliability, comparability.

I hope this makes sense? X
  • Becky V
    The ones we have been taught is the new standards, which means there are 2 fundamental qualitative charcteristics - relevance and faithful representation or 4 enhancing qualitative characteristics - comparibility, verifiabiltity, timeliness and understandability!

Or is it the ones Alicia has mentioned?! My tutor says on the website the new satandards wont be tested until January 2012?
  • Alicia
    I haven't even seen these changes to the framework! Really hoping they haven't changed otherwise Ive answer part of section 2 incorrectly! :s aargh! X
  • uknitty
    I'm pretty sure the ones that Becky studied are the ones that are now being examined.

I wouldn't wory too much because this question is marked by an examiner - so if you use either version of the characteristics but give full and correct answers then I am sure they would mark that as competent. No one would be cruel enough to mark an otherwise comptent paper as a fail.
  • Alicia
    Let's hope so! Thanks! X
  • Becky V
    Hi Alicia, well i got a question on the old standards framework, so not impressed, not sure what is going on with AAT!!! So your question you will probably be fine with! Now for the long wait!!
  • Becky V
    I have received my results today and have PASSED my business tax exam!!!!!!!
  • uknitty
    Congratulations on the Business Tax result !

When I started reading your post I thought you were going to say you had your FNST results... I thought "wow - that was quick !"

Are you going to contact AAT with reference to the Framework ? I agree that there has not been enough clarity/
    communication about which standards will be examined and when that starts from.

If you got a question on the old sylabus then I would say that they would have to assume that you are entitled to full marks for that question, as the question should not really have been asked.

That is what happened with the GCSE confusion earlier this year (did you hear about the maths question that was impossible to answer because one of the required pieces of information was missing ?) - all students were awarded the full marks for that particular question.
  • Alicia
    Yay! Well done! I've passed FNST too! I'm sure you will have done better than u think! Glass of vino to celebrate I think! :) xx
  • uknitty
    Congratulations Alicia :)
  • Becky V
    uknitty wrote: Β»
    Congratulations on the Business Tax result !

When I started reading your post I thought you were going to say you had your FNST results... I thought "wow - that was quick !"

Are you going to contact AAT with reference to the Framework ? I agree that there has not been enough clarity/
    communication about which standards will be examined and when that starts from.

If you got a question on the old sylabus then I would say that they would have to assume that you are entitled to full marks for that question, as the question should not really have been asked.

That is what happened with the GCSE confusion earlier this year (did you hear about the maths question that was impossible to answer because one of the required pieces of information was missing ?) - all students were awarded the full marks for that particular question.

Thanks Uknitty!!! I have sent a message on their facebook page and they have replied and said to email them so i will.
    No i didnt hear about the maths question that is interesting to know!
  • Becky V
    Alicia wrote: Β»
    Yay! Well done! I've passed FNST too! I'm sure you will have done better than u think! Glass of vino to celebrate I think! :) xx

Well done Alicia, bet your pleased that is a tough paper!! How many more exams do you have left?
  • Alicia
    Thanks :) I've got budgeting, financial performance and the project! Looking forward to getting to the end but not sure what steps to take next! How many have you got left!?xx
  • Becky V
    I have got bugeting and financial performance left! Providing i have passed FNST!!! Then thats it for studying for me for now anyway!!!!
  • awatson86
    awatson86 Registered Posts: 60 Regular contributor ⭐
    People may already know, but I thought I would post it anyway. You can now get some kind of feedback from failed CBA's. I emailed the AAT asking what information you get if you appeal. They said they cannot give you the questions & answers but can now give feedback to your tutor.

I can confirm that AAT is unable to release any of the questions and answers from your assessment as these are pulled from a live bank of questions. All of the computer based tests (CBT’s) are created through a bank of questions; this means that students receive different questions at different sittings and to other students. Because of this you would not be able to see the assessment that you sat nor the answers.

However, your training provider is now able to access free automatic feedback for individual students directly from AAT’s assessment management system. We recently added the metadata required to provide this feedback, so feedback is only available for CBTs scheduled after 1 October 2011. You will need to speak to your tutor to obtain a copy of the feedback for any of your eligible CBTs.
Privacy Policy