Failed ap1 =( where to start with revision now?

stacey1904
stacey1904 Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
Hi,

I sat the exam for ap1 tonight and i failed. Im devostated as i had put in at least 2hrs a day doing the work involved. I thought i was ready for the exam as i have passed all the exams on the aat website, osbournes e-learning and also in the osbournes books and dont see how i managed to fail =( Its so frustrating because you dont know how much you have failed by.

I will be doing a re-sit in january and do not know where to start when revising now. Has anyone got any ideas on where to start lol?

Thanks,

Stacey

Comments

• anisurrahman
    anisurrahman Registered Posts: 130 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hi Stacey

Sorry to hear about your AP I result. Do you know which area you struggled most?

Ronnie
  • Sammmy88
    Sammmy88 Registered Posts: 283 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    You can now ask your exam centre, for a print out, which tells you what areas you were competant on and what you werent on... I would really recommend this!!
    Level 2 - Passed 2011
    Level 3 - Passed 2012
    Level 4 - Passed 2014

Awaiting to start CIMA :)
  • Clarekaye
    Clarekaye Registered Posts: 307
    Since when!? My first exam was a fail and we had to pay £23 and wait 20 working days to find out where I failed!
  • MWAUGH1983
    MWAUGH1983 Registered Posts: 420 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Clarekaye wrote: »
    Since when!? My first exam was a fail and we had to pay £23 and wait 20 working days to find out where I failed!

I have done CBE with bpp and pitman and never got any feedback. However, I did AP I last monday and past and they provided feedback. Will be the same as what you mention about the 23 quid one as that was a tick against each question and told how you faired.

I am sorry you failed! Do you have any feelings with that you struggled with? I did struggle with asset bit and accruals and prepayments.

Martin
  • uknitty
    uknitty Registered Posts: 591 Epic contributor 🐘
    I think the print out after the exam came in about 2 months ago. The AAT listened to students feedback and introduced this as a direct response to what students were asking for (free feedback)
  • MWAUGH1983
    MWAUGH1983 Registered Posts: 420 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    uknitty wrote: »
    I think the print out after the exam came in about 2 months ago. The AAT listened to students feedback and introduced this as a direct response to what students were asking for (free feedback)

That would explain it - my last cbe before last monday was june and there was nothing there and I got feedback for the test last November (2010) but paid the 23 quid.
  • stacey1904
    stacey1904 Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    I think it was the accruals and prepayments and the accounting concept questions that let me down. I didnt know you can get feedback, my tutor never told me that. It is worth getting so you know where you are struggling. I will enquire about this tonight.

Thanks

Stacey
  • Kirsty83
    Kirsty83 Registered Posts: 57 Epic contributor 🐘
    Stacey - you're not alone with this, as I failed my AP1 last night. To say I was gutted was an understatement, I was so upset and was not afraid to show it.

I received my feedback today - disposals and prepayments/accruals were the KEY area's that let me down. There was also an accounting concept question, which I could kick myself for, because I had intially ticked the correct answer and then changed it last minute.
    I found out the answer from my work colleague when I told him the question......ARGH!!!!!

My re-sit is due for the 18th January, just want to get it out of the way and then gear myself up for Cost & Revenues at the end of January.
  • Chrisps303
    Chrisps303 Registered Posts: 33 Regular contributor ⭐
    I did my ap1 last week with Kaplan and I only got the standard printout with competent, no feedback. I've got ap2 in January so I think I will ask about the feedback as I would like to know how I did in the cbt.
  • Louise89
    Louise89 Registered Posts: 296 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Chrisps303 wrote: »
    I did my ap1 last week with Kaplan and I only got the standard printout with competent, no feedback. I've got ap2 in January so I think I will ask about the feedback as I would like to know how I did in the cbt.

I'm a Kaplan student and for my last two exams, APII & CRS I have received feedback along with the compentency slip without even asking... I really think it depends on which invigilator you have during your exam.

Good Luck x
Privacy Policy