Credit Management & Credit Control

beavis182
beavis182 Registered Posts: 130 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
Can someone shed some light on this unit for Level 4. I understand its in 2 parts. The 1st part is a multiple choice 1 hour exam that needs to be done at a CBA centre. I am confused about part 2, where I have been told this also needs to be done at a CBA centre and is a 2 1/2 exam? I thought it was a workbased evidence/project kinda like ICAS?

Has anyone completed this unit and knows what needs to be done?

Comments

• niccham79
    niccham79 Registered Posts: 16 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Hi,
    You are indeed correct. Part 1 is the 1 hour exam on the computer. Multiple choice. Make sure you read the questions properly, sometimes they ask things in double negatives (i had loads of them).
    Part 2 was a simulation when I had mine last year (but it might have changed for this year? 2 hour in the classroom, paperbased).
  • Chelle
    Chelle Registered Posts: 163 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    We sat the 2nd part of the Credit Management exam today, (first part will be next week).

This was also computer based just like part one will be. It is 2 hours but although I was done in an hour and half others were taking longer than the 2 hours but I think that is just dependant on who is sitting in the exam room with you. The exam itself isn't that difficult, what is more annoying is the scrolling up and down the page to get the information each time. I got round this by writing it all on scrap paper and then filling in the answers after.

It would be so much easier if it was printed off first so you have the information in front of you, rather than scrolling all the time.

Hope that helps x
  • guinea pig
    guinea pig Registered Posts: 402 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    I am doing both next week. Do you get an instant answer to part 2?
    I agree that scrolling is such a pain in an exam. When I did a practice CBA for FNST, there was the option to drag the info around the screen, which was much better, however, in the exam that option was not there.
    Will this be coming in soon for the exams?
    Good luck all with these exams!
  • Chelle
    Hi guinea pig

You get an instant answer for Part 1 but not for Part 2 as that has to be downloaded to your pc that you are working at and saved, then once you are finished it has to be uploaded back onto your AAT Learn Plus ready to be marked, we should get our results after Chrimbo.
  • beavis182
    I did Part 2 as a work based project which I just had to upload on the AAT website. I have part 1 tomorrow which is only an hour multiply choice exam. How did everyone find this one? I am doing the practise ones on here and the practise ones on the Osborne website so hopefully it will be enough....
  • beavis182
    Doesnt matter because I PASSED it today! Only Financial Statements to go then i shall be MAAT, cant friggin wait!
  • Luciana
    Luciana Registered Posts: 75 Epic contributor 🐘
    Doesnt matter because I PASSED it today! Only Financial Statements to go then i shall be MAAT, cant friggin wait!

congratulations! How did you find the test compared with the practice on AAT Website?
  • beavis182
    It was pretty much the same, just multiple choice questions quite similar to the AAT practise ones and Osborne E Learning practise ones.
  • Luciana
    It was pretty much the same, just multiple choice questions quite similar to the AAT practise ones and Osborne E Learning practise ones.

Thanks. I am going to sit for both parts on the same in next Feb. Hopefully it won't be too tight. What's your next test?
  • beavis182
    I only have Financial Statements to go now. I started Level 4 last December but the training provider messed me about so much with assignments I took 8 months out then in August I did the project and PTX, it took 6 weeks to study and take Financial Performance and Budgeting and have just passed Cash Management. I will get into FS and hopefully take that mid January and have a long earned rest b4 I start ACCA or ATT.
  • Chelle
    Well done Beavis182

I've got the multiple choice part tomorrow, should be ok though.
  • Chelle
    Yayyyyy I passed today's exam, just got to wait until next Wednesday now for Part 2 results.
  • guinea pig
    guinea pig Registered Posts: 402 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Well Done Chelle,
    I passed part 1 yesterday too, and am waiting for part 2 results - not so confident about this one, as the computer/program was playing up; one of the text boxes only gave me a very limited space, and kept jumping into the assessors comments box. Has anyone else had this problem?
  • beavis182
    Congratulations. Also waiting for Part 2 results but I did a work based project so not sure how long it takes to get results.
  • Luciana
    I only have Financial Statements to go now. I started Level 4 last December but the training provider messed me about so much with assignments I took 8 months out then in August I did the project and PTX, it took 6 weeks to study and take Financial Performance and Budgeting and have just passed Cash Management. I will get into FS and hopefully take that mid January and have a long earned rest b4 I start ACCA or ATT.

I can understand your situation. I came a long way to my AAT too. I will start level 4 in Jan. Just keep going, we will reach the goal at the end. Good luck with your last test.
Privacy Policy