AAT Greenlight

Jo Clark
Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
Hello All

Just thought I'd share this with you in case any of you are wanting extra question practice.

I've just completed the three tests for budgeting on the AAT Greenlight. What a fantastic additional resource to use alongside the practice CBAs.

You can sit the Greenlight more than once as the questions are drawn from a database so you should be presented with different questions each time you take the test. Once the test is completed and marked you are scored with either red, amber or green - each colour being self explanatory.

Questions that you answer incorrectly are detailed at the end of the test with the correct answer and an explanation. You can also start the test and save it to come back to later. Each test consists of 10 questions.

I think Greenlight is available for all modules.

I really can't recommend this enough... Have fun!

JC
~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
Benjamin Franklin

Comments

• guinea pig
    guinea pig Registered Posts: 402 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Thanks Jo,
    That's really helpful, must have a look. I'm scheduled to sit budgeting mid January, but have been off sick for 6 weeks so have missed all the classes, I may have to re-schedule if I can't catch up in time. How did you find this unit, compared with FNST, which was really tough?
    Good luck - you must be nearly finished now?
    GP
  • Jo Clark
    Hello GP

Sorry to hear you have not been well, I do hope you are better now?

I still have one lesson for budgeting this week and then sit the exam early January.

Compared to FNST, budgeting is a lot more straightforward - I dare not say easy/easier as there are always elements that can be challenging! So I need to ensure I always read the question slowly and answer what is asked, not what I think is being asked :)

Still have a few modules to go so hope to finish middle of next year, how about you?

Feel free to get in touch if you need any help catching up.

Have a lovely and Christmas and New Year!

JC
    Benjamin Franklin
  • jane
    jane Registered Posts: 165 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi Jo

Where can I find this Greenlight area? I just did Budgeting two weeks ago, and FP last week, could have done with some more practice areas, but would like to know for the other units that I am still yet to tackle.
    Hope you have a wonderful Xmas and New Year
    J :)
  • Jo Clark
    Hello Jane

https://www.aat.org.uk/myaat/learnin...ent_briefings/

You will need to logon to your myaat account.

How did you find BGT and FNPF? I think I am ok with the calculations element of BGT it is the written part that I need to concentrate on over the next week and a bit! Start FNPF mid January and planning to sit the exam mid February.

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and New Year also.

JC :)
    Benjamin Franklin
  • jane
    jane Registered Posts: 165 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi Jo,

I found both Budgeting and Financial Performance okish, apart from the written bits which is most definately my weakest points in both. I really don't know how I have done in either will have to wait and see in 6 weeks time!
    For FP I would advise you to swat up on limiting factors, as that seemed to have come up quite alot!. I had a few suprises, but all in all are very similar to the practice CBA's.
    I am sure you will do just fine.
    Thanks for the link, I will check it out now.
    Good luck for January
    J x
  • goldring
    goldring Registered Posts: 45 Regular contributor ⭐
    I love the Greenlight as well.
    Wish AAT had done it long time ago as I am finishing and don't have the chance to benfit more out of it.
  • Diddy Mau
    Diddy Mau Registered Posts: 238 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    just found this. thanks
    wished I found this before I sat my Financial Statement Exam, feel a re-sit is required.
    will use this going forward though

• clegganator
    clegganator Registered Posts: 184 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I just tried to follow the link to the Greenlight area but didn't work... I've never heard of it before, what is it?
  • Jo Clark
    Hello

Taken from the AAT website

'Green Light

Ready to check your understanding more thoroughly? Go to AAT Green Light to take some tests that will help you judge how well you understand the learning areas you’ve been studying.

The simple traffic light system will show you where you’ve developed a good understanding of a topic and also where you need to put in some more work. These tests are not practice assessments.'
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Jo Clark
    I just tried to follow the link to the Greenlight area but didn't work... I've never heard of it before, what is it?

Try this link https://www.aat.org.uk/myaat/learning_area_overviews_and_assessment_briefings/level4/

You will need to login to your myaat account.

Let me know if you still have no luck - if you check for other posts I made about this there is a step by step how to find this resource.

Good luck.
    Benjamin Franklin
Privacy Policy