Certain Threads...

Louise89
Louise89 Registered Posts: 296 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
I don't know if I'm just either fussy or like a good moan but the amount of people who are starting threads just to say they have passed/failed a certain exam - nothing else, is starting to grate with me.

I wouldn't mind if there was a complaint or something about the exam, but it is just not needed. Fair enough yay you're happy but do we all need to know?

Imagine if every AAT student who passed or failed an exam posted a new thread... it would become difficult to find other peoples threads who are asking/addressing certain issues.

Would it be possible to create one thread where people can post if they have passed or failed etc.

Rant over and out.

Comments

• uknitty
    uknitty Registered Posts: 591 Epic contributor 🐘
    I like it when people share their good news - it makes me feel part of a community and its nice to be able to congratulate someone, or offer encouragement after a exam that didn't go as well as it could have.

I find it really motivating knowing that my peers are doing well - and its good to feel that I am not alone when things don't go swimmingly.

I can understand why you feel the way you do - but exam results threads are not something that trouble me :)
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Hello

I agree with uknitty but also see Louise's point of view. Although it is not always clear from the thread what the topic of discussion is, those that are clearly about results, you don't have to read.
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    I have to agree with Jo and Uknitty, it is very encouraging to see others that are passing exams, makes you feel it is possible especially if you are struggling or just not motivate.

The idea of these forums is so we can all offer each other help and encouragement, it doesn't always have to be about an issue or a problem, it's good to know when help has been given that it has got someone through an exam.

Someone posted today they had passed PEAF, which I was able to congrtulate them and also add so did I this morning.

Jan
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Is this because you can take exams when you want now?

I remember, bacjk in my day, everybody got the results at the same time, so there'd be one mass thread of people announcing results or getting stressed still waiting for results. It was a lot more interesting!
  • mrb82
    mrb82 Registered Posts: 147 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    I passed Professional Ethics last month
  • Louise89
    PGM - You can sit exams whenever you want :)

I do understand, I'm happy when I see that people have posted that they have passed etc and you are right, in a way it does bring together students as a community. In this case, I just felt the need to express my opinion, which is that it really does irritate me.

Maybe I have a different approach to the way I think about exams. Yes passing one exam is good, but I'm only ever really happy at the end of each level as I see that as more of an acheivement rather than passing just one exam.

#don't hate me
  • PGM
    Louise89 wrote: Β»

#don't hate me

We'd never hate you ;)

I do think it'd be better all these people posting on one thread, and making it more of a discussion than their own thread for each person.
  • uknitty
    uknitty Registered Posts: 591 Epic contributor 🐘
    Different things irk different people and I can definitely see your point of view :)

Personally I just get wound up by people who only ever post to moan about how AAT are doing this that and the other wrong, and seem to think it is the AAT's responsibilty to find them work.

Hah, lets all have a good moan - good for the soul !
  • Louise89
    Aw thanks PGM :)

uknitty - you've got something there! I think AAT is an excellent qualification but the responsibilty lies with the individual to seek and gain work. People sometimes expect that doing the qualification automatically qualifies them for a role, however, it does not! Experience and qualifications go hand in hand... you also have to be the right kind of person and have other skills that are needed in order to work in finance.

Ahh, my soul is feeling much better!
  • Clarekaye
    Clarekaye Registered Posts: 307
    I posted that I failed, to try and get advise on how to get the feedback.
    As a very new student I like to know what to expect and its positive when people pass and tell us they struggled too, keeps me motivated, Keep at it fellow level 3 people :-D
  • Louise89
    I posted that I failed, to try and get advise on how to get the feedback.
    As a very new student I like to know what to expect and its positive when people pass and tell us they struggled too, keeps me motivated, Keep at it fellow level 3 people :-D

Sorry Clarekaye, that is completely understandable and I don't mean threads like yours, my anger is aimed at people who just create threads to say they've passed and thats it.
  • amyjayne27
    amyjayne27 Registered Posts: 314 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    I personally love seeing when people pass exams, especially if its the same one as I am doing! I usually ask them how it went, any tips advice etc etc so I can prepare that little bit more. It also gives me confidence knowing that if other people are passing, I can too!

I hope people don't stop posting these threads.
  • Sulew17
    Sulew17 Registered Posts: 174 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    I personally love seeing when people pass exams, especially if its the same one as I am doing! I usually ask them how it went, any tips advice etc etc so I can prepare that little bit more. It also gives me confidence knowing that if other people are passing, I can too!

I hope people don't stop posting these threads.

I agree with you. I posted this week that I passed costs & revenues but also wanted to warn people that it was completely different from the practice cba's.
  • Louise89
    Sulew17 wrote: Β»
    I agree with you. I posted this week that I passed costs & revenues but also wanted to warn people that it was completely different from the practice cba's.

Actually my CRS exam was rather similar to the practice ones... Don't forget they have a pool of questions that are randomly generated for your exam. So everyone has different questions.

Plus, I don't think you get the point I was making.
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    PGM wrote: Β»
    Is this because you can take exams when you want now?

I remember, bacjk in my day, everybody got the results at the same time, so there'd be one mass thread of people announcing results or getting stressed still waiting for results. It was a lot more interesting!

Yeah that was what it was like for me too PGM! And straight after an exam everybody was on here comparing answers and getting stressed out cause we thought we had different answers to everybody else. Seems funny now but it wasnt at the time. Sitting pressing the refresh button on the Laptop at 7am on a February or August morning was not good Ha Ha
  • PGM
    jewels.p wrote: Β»
    Yeah that was what it was like for me too PGM! And straight after an exam everybody was on here comparing answers and getting stressed out cause we thought we had different answers to everybody else. Seems funny now but it wasnt at the time. Sitting pressing the refresh button on the Laptop at 7am on a February or August morning was not good Ha Ha

I think it was better then, you could come on this forum and everyone was in the same boat, getting all excited whilst trying to calm each other down :D
Privacy Policy