Mark Allocation Financial Statements

AAT Level 3
AAT Level 3 Registered Posts: 75 Epic contributor 🐘
Has anyone got any ideas of the marks assigned to each question in this exam. I am assuming the income statement, SOFP and consolidation questions would have more marks available than the written question. The written question in section 1 of the exam completely threw me off and im slightly worried now.

Comments

• awatson86
    awatson86 Registered Posts: 60 Regular contributor ⭐
    I was the same when I took mine 4 weeks ago. I answered all the other questions well in section 1 but the written question I just went blank and my answer was weak. I was ok with the written questions in section 2 though. I hope I got enough marks exculding the written question in section 1 to pass!
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    You need to be competent in both the numerical and the written questions. The examiner for this subject is always going on about how students do well on the numbers but end up failing because their written answers aren't up to standard. Have a read of some of the past exam papers examiners comments.
  • Becky V
    Becky V Registered Posts: 374 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I have to agree with Coojee i have sat this exam for the third time now and both times i did well on the number questions but failed on the written questions! Yes tou need to be competent on both parts. I am hoping third time lucky! :)
  • AAT Level 3
    This confuses me then. If you have 4 out of 5 of the parts for section 1 100% correct then how can you fail when you need 70% to pass. Does that not defeat the purpose of the 70% competent mark if you fail just because you couldn't fully answer 1 question out of 8 in the paper.
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hello

You need to achieve 70% in both Section 1 and Section 2 of the CBA. You could pass Section 1 with flying colours, however if your written part on Section 2 does not gain you the necessary marks then you will be marked as Not Yet Competent.

From what I recall there were written elements to the FNST CBA in both Section 1 and Section 2.

Hope this clarifies the marking scheme.

All the best.

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • AAT Level 3
    Well I passed first time after the long wait.
    I am assuming I passed based in everything other than the written question in section 1 lol.
Privacy Policy