PDF file techie help request

Sparkly
Sparkly Registered Posts: 139 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Hi All,
Just wondering if anyone out there can help me. I have a PDF file that I scanned to include as an appendix in my project. I'm being told by my tutor I need to label within the document the document the appendix name and number but as far as I can see I can't edit a PDF doucment. Is there a way to do this please?
I'm just cheking this out beofre I resign myself to having to re-type all the info in a word document ( I have 3 to do!)
Thanks
Kelly

Comments

• Richard
    Richard Registered Posts: 373 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Hi Kelly

Try doing a google search for 'free pdf editor'.

It's not something I've ever had to do, so can't recommend a particular piece of software. But there appear to be plenty to choose from.

Good luck

Richard
  • uknitty
    uknitty Registered Posts: 591 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    You can covert the PDF to a word document if that is going to make it easier for you ?

Just get a free trial version which will give you 2 weeks use. Its as simple as clicking on the "export to word" icon from the toolbar.

http://www.nitropdf.com/landing/network/nitro-reader/do-more-with-pro.aspx?utm_source=reader&utm_medium=installer&utm_campaign=english

I'm just starting my project. Like many others I have the Cookridge Carpets scenario.... I've got lots of ideas but struggling to get a clear theme together !
  • Sparkly
    Thank you Richard, you are a star! Managed to do it with the first one I tried, lets hope the tutor is happy with it! I had no idea you could get such software. Thank you for taking the time to help me.
  • Sparkly
    Thanks UKnitty. I may have a go at this too, just in case the other attempt isn't accepted by my tutor!
    I am hating doing my project as I seem to have a constant mind block! Everyone seems to have the Cookridge Carpets scenario - apart from me - I have Inkwell! Good luck with getting through it!
  • uknitty
    uknitty Registered Posts: 591 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Sparkly,

Was wondering if you could help me out with something.

I've not decided if I am going to focus on credit control or payroll yet, but I'm just starting to write the company profile. When writing the overview do you literally cover the whole system and then when you move on to a review of strenghts and weaknesses ?

Also, when reviewing the members of the accounts team, did you include yourself ?
  • Sparkly
    Sparkly,

Was wondering if you could help me out with something.

I've not decided if I am going to focus on credit control or payroll yet, but I'm just starting to write the company profile. When writing the overview do you literally cover the whole system and then when you move on to a review of strenghts and weaknesses ?

Also, when reviewing the members of the accounts team, did you include yourself ?

Good question!
    I've been writing using the guidance notes provided in the workbook by my learning provider. My introduction to the organisation covers an overview of the comapny and its structure, the structure of the accounts department, and a paragraph on the history of the accounting system i'm invetigating (payroll).

When I wrote about the accounts team I did include myself, I did a brief bit on each position.

I'm finding even with the guidance I'm finding it hard to put things together and produce what is needed.

Hope this helps, and good luck!
Privacy Policy