Presonal Tax

Options
siva
siva Registered Posts: 54 Epic contributor 🐘
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum. I hope you guys can help. I received my personal tax book in 2010 and it says finance Act 2009, can i still write this exam.

Thanks
Siva

Comments

• peaceb4
    peaceb4 Registered Posts: 15 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I don't think you can as the Finance Act 2010 is until May or is it July, so i'm assuming that 2009 exam would have have been completed already
  • guinea pig
    guinea pig Registered Posts: 402 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I started Personal tax today, at college, and have been presented with the latest Osborne book for 2011/12 "for Finance ACt 2011 assessments" We hope to take the exam in March. I think that you had better check with your tutor and/or the AAT.
    GP
  • Daz1865
    Daz1865 Registered Posts: 67 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Well I emailed AAT a few months ago, and have just fished it out.

Dear Thomas,

Thank you for your email.

We will be using the Finance Act 2009 on all taxation exams until the end of August 2011. The Finance Act 2010 will be introduced on 1 September 2011.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards

Monika Rozanska
    Membership Support Advisor
    AAT

Although, don't panic. The fundamental principles are the same. I think the only things that really change are the thresholds, slightly, and most of them are given to you. I wouldn't say its worth buying a new book for the changes, although can you get access to a new book via a library?
  • siva
    siva Registered Posts: 54 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Hi Guys,

Thank you all for your reply.

I ordered all my level 4 books on sep 2010 and i wasnt told anything about financial acts.

I wouldn't have known this if i wasnt reading these forums.

I am doing distance learning with kaplan, i will speak to them and see if they can send me the new one.
Privacy Policy