Lvl 3 Enquiry

Corpsecena
Corpsecena Registered Posts: 5 Regular contributor ⭐
Good Afternoon Everyone,
I would like some information / assistance if possible.
I did the lvl 3 course via a college in Sept 2006 - June 2007. Unfortunatly, due to medical reason i was unable to sit the exams.

My question is.. would it be worth going back to college to redo the course or could I get away with an online course or even self training so I would save on the training providers fees?
Also, would I need to buy new books as I know some things have changed. (already got Kaplin books).

Thank you for taking the time to read this and thank you in advance for any replies.

Amanda

Comments

• MWAUGH1983
    MWAUGH1983 Registered Posts: 420 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi Amanda,

The old standards went out of existence last June/July and anything completed on the current level at old standards was carried over and converted. You then complete whatever is outstanding. If you have done anything then they should still carry over.

Its a different story if you havent done anything as you would probably have to start from scratch but you can still use your knowledge from previous studies so its not all bad.

It might be an idea to do it from home learning or online as both are faily cheap. You would have to get new books due to the changes as its new terminology. It would be easier to do so as they would be 5 yrs out of date even if the stnadards handnt changed!

cheers
    martin
  • Corpsecena
    Thank you Martin,
    Think in leaning towards to the Distant Learning / Online course instead of going to college on an evening.

Have renewed my AAT membership yesterday. I passed 3 units but they advised that due to changes, I will need to redo everything. I am exempt from Indirect tax as I did that in the lvl 2.

Just need to decide now who to go with for the DL/Online
  • Clarekaye
    Clarekaye Registered Posts: 307
    I can recommend Eagle Education (and they have a few diff payment plans) :-)
  • Corpsecena
    Update:
    Work agreed to pay in full as long as i studied in a classroom.
    Looked at diff college's that do aat lvl 3 but they all start at sept and didnt want to wait that long.
    Looked at Kaplan Sheffield (closest to me in Doncaster) and they do a classroom course Mar - Aug. Work agreed to this one.
    Enrollment form completed and sent in yesterday
    Cant wait to start
  • Clarekaye
    Clarekaye Registered Posts: 307
    I am pretty sure you can get funding but only if you study in classroom not online/distance but yay thats awesome news that they are paying!
    Good luck :-)
  • Corpsecena
    Clarekaye wrote: »
    I am pretty sure you can get funding but only if you study in classroom not online/distance but yay thats awesome news that they are paying!
    Good luck :-)
    Government funding for DL only covers courses that are done via Open University and they dont do AAT.
    It does cover any classroom course tho.
  • Meticulous
    Meticulous Banned User Posts: 9 New contributor 🐸
    Deffinitly Premier Training!
    Corpsecena wrote: »
    Thank you Martin,
    Think in leaning towards to the Distant Learning / Online course instead of going to college on an evening.

Have renewed my AAT membership yesterday. I passed 3 units but they advised that due to changes, I will need to redo everything. I am exempt from Indirect tax as I did that in the lvl 2.

Just need to decide now who to go with for the DL/Online

Distance learning was deffinitly the way to go for me; working, family and other commitments I couldn't of done it without Premier Training! The best thing was they answer the phone straight away and if my persnal tutor was not there I can speak to another one straight away. Don't know about all of you but that was invauable when you are restricted for study time so when my marked assignments came back within a couple of days even less sometimes it was a nice surprise. I've heard some students mention they have had to wait 2 weeks or even more with other providers!!

I would choose distance learning everytime - especially Premier!
Privacy Policy