Level 3 - easiest to hardest

zaf1987
zaf1987 Registered Posts: 124 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
Hi i am on level two, going smoothly but was thinking of level 3 ( i know i should finish level 2 first)

Was wondering how you would rank level 3 modules from easiest to hardest. Reason being Level although i reckon i could have finished by end of march wont be completed by end of july (as i will taking 2-3 months out), So will be looking to make that time up in level 3, by trying to do 2 modules at a time, so a easy (if there is such a thing), or should i say less intensive module with a harder or intensive module, and try and get level 3 completed at a faster pace.

1- So whats your rank easiest to hardest?
2- and how did you do level 3, one at a time, 2 together etc
3 - how long did it take you to complete level 3

Any advice would be welcomed.

:)

Comments

• sscors
    sscors Registered Posts: 72 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Hey

I have either done exams or currently preparing for all the level 3 exams apart from cost and revenues going to do that one last. My order easiest to hardest is: I found I whizzed through spreadsheets, took me three days to get through tutorial book excluding doing questions but i think this is because I have advanced ECDL and have used spreadsheets in the past. Professional ethics exam was fairly straightforward a lot of reading but questions are not that difficult. Then VAT not too bad to get through not too many diff concepts,Cash Management was slightly harder but manageable more material in it. AP1 for me was the hardest of all of them there is a lot of material and it had quite difficult concepts don't try and do this one in a hurray! Plus don't use AP1 Osbourne book either as difficult to understand. Appar AP2 is slightly more easier than AP1 if you understand AP1 , I recommend you do AP1 before AP2.

I found the Kaplan books much easier to understand for the exams I have done so far

Anyway I hope this helps and good luck!
  • MWAUGH1983
    MWAUGH1983 Registered Posts: 420 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Hi,

I was advised to do AP I and II before any of the others then costing, then tax, cash mgt, ethics and then spreadsheets.

I only have costing and AP done thus far but I think I will do tax and cash mgt side by side and then leave ethics and spreadsheets till last.

Martin
  • amyjayne27
    amyjayne27 Registered Posts: 314 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Hi zaf1987,

I was also advised to do AP 1 and 2 (although it was called Financial Records and Accounts when I did it) then costing, then cash management, then tax, then professional ethics and spreadsheets last.

I personally found Costing the hardest so far.

Good luck!
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    sscors wrote: ยป
    Plus don't use AP1 Osbourne book either as difficult to understand. Appar AP2 is slightly more easier than AP1 if you understand AP1 , I recommend you do AP1 before AP2.

I found the Kaplan books much easier to understand for the exams I have done so far

Anyway I hope this helps and good luck!

That's strange cos Osborne don't do separate books for AP1 and AP2, it's combined into 1 book called Sole Trader and Partnership Accounts. Are you sure it's Osborne that you mean?
  • sscors
    sscors Registered Posts: 72 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Yeah Osborne book is combined 1 and 2 didn't bother looking at part 2 as wasn't impressed with part 1
  • MWAUGH1983
    MWAUGH1983 Registered Posts: 420 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    The osborne book is split into 2 parts - AP I and AP II with II having around 5 chapters in.
  • zaf1987
    Thanks guys for the replies i think im going to do

Peaf
    Spreadsheets
    Indirect tax
    Cash management
    costs
    ap1
    ap2

Also after doing ba2 im going to go straight into level 3 and do the remaining two level 2 modules with level 3.
  • anisurrahman
    anisurrahman Registered Posts: 130 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    So far completed & passed Indirect Tax and Costs and Revenues

Currently Studying: AP I

Due to start: Spreadsheet and AP II
  • KaySarah
    KaySarah Registered Posts: 215 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I'm glad we got the "tough" bit out of the way early on though Ronnie - wouldn't you agree?
  • anisurrahman
    anisurrahman Registered Posts: 130 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I'm glad we got the "tough" bit out of the way early on though Ronnie - wouldn't you agree?

100% agree
  • bwestella
    bwestella Registered Posts: 7 Regular contributor โญ
    I have passed AP1 and 2 purely from home study using the osborne books.
    AP2 is only short but I would say they of same difficulty.
    I am exempt from Tax due to completing level 2 on the diploma pathway.

Obviously Osborne books are good stuff, C&R next!

Welldone to all who passed.
  • Omer AYDINLI
    Omer AYDINLI Registered Posts: 19 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Well so far, account prep. 1 is the most diffucult one, especially the topics of suspense account and reconcilations. cash management and ethics are really easy.
  • zaf1987
    From what ive heard and read i think ap1 and costs and revenues will be the hardest.
Privacy Policy