Question: How much do you charge per VAT return?

Options
AlfieJamesAccountancy
AlfieJamesAccountancy Registered Posts: 6 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi all

I was just wondering what people charge for VAT returns. Am I in the right ball park of £100 - £150?

Many thanks

Comments

• katz568
    katz568 Registered Posts: 93 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Depends how much work is involved. If its just a case of checking what the client has produced and submitting it then approx £50 + Vat. If its inputting, checking invoices, factoring accounts and submitting then it depends on time taken to how much decifering of the invoices is involved and anywhere between £100 and £400+ VAT is charged.
  • clegganator
    clegganator Registered Posts: 184 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Too hard to say. Sometimes £50, sometimes £200. Difficulty and time need to be factored in.
  • AlfieJamesAccountancy
    Options
    Many thanks for the replies, much appreciated.

I know of an Accountant local to me that charges £150 inc VAT for a simple VAT return, so I'm just trying to get my pricing structure correct.
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    To check client's bookkeeping from accounting package or spreadsheet (knowing it's going to be mostly tidy) and submit to HMRC £75+VAT

If we have to do the bookkeeping, the whole job is charged at a bookkeeping hourly rate.
  • AlfieJamesAccountancy
    Options
    Monsoon wrote: »
    To check client's bookkeeping from accounting package or spreadsheet (knowing it's going to be mostly tidy) and submit to HMRC £75+VAT

If we have to do the bookkeeping, the whole job is charged at a bookkeeping hourly rate.

Monsoon, can I ask the name of your Accountancy practice?
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Monsoon, can I ask the name of your Accountancy practice?
    You can ask, but I prefer to be relatively anon on here, sorry.
  • AlfieJamesAccountancy
    Options
    Monsoon wrote: »
    You can ask, but I prefer to be relatively anon on here, sorry.

That's no problem at all, sorry I was being nosey, just admire your knowledge and how helpful your posts are :)
Privacy Policy