Financial Performance Results!!

stephleedz
stephleedz Registered Posts: 179 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
Hi everyone,

Sat my Financial Perforanxe exam 10th Jan and received my 'Competant' result this evening. I am
ver very pleased especially since I sat the exam 3 weeks ago tomorrow haven't had an exam result back that quickly!

Thanks for all the help and support so far

xxx

Comments

• uknitty
    uknitty Registered Posts: 591 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Fantastic News ! Well done :)
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Congratulations Steph

That was a very quick turnaround :)

Any tips for this module?

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • nicd1981
    nicd1981 Registered Posts: 243 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    congratulations, 3 weeks eh? its getting quicker now each time x
    Nicola Donnelly ,MAAT, MIP, CIMA Dip MA

Email: donnellynicola7@gmail.com
    Facbook Page: MEND Accounting
    Blog: http://wannabeanaccountant.blogspot.co.uk
    Twitter: @mendaccounting
  • stephleedz
    Thank you uknitty, Jo Clark and nicd1981 relieved is an understatement.

Jo Clark in answer to your question the only advice I can give is to make sure you know the Labour, Material and Expenditure variance instead out back to front because the first second you will get at least 1 question for each variance.

nicd1981 - Yes it was 2 weeks 6 days as I took the exam exactly 3 weeks ago today. The first exam I did which was Budgeting took 4 weeks and 6 days so was really expecting the same...but not at all conplaining as it was a fantastic surprise.
  • Jo Clark
    Thank you uknitty, Jo Clark and nicd1981 relieved is an understatement.

Jo Clark in answer to your question the only advice I can give is to make sure you know the Labour, Material and Expenditure variance instead out back to front because the first second you will get at least 1 question for each variance.

nicd1981 - Yes it was 2 weeks 6 days as I took the exam exactly 3 weeks ago today. The first exam I did which was Budgeting took 4 weeks and 6 days so was really expecting the same...but not at all conplaining as it was a fantastic surprise.

Thanks Steph

Just trying to remember the FOH Variances now - fairly ok but need to practice more! I feel fairly confident with the materials and labour variances and have a few weeks to complete practice papers/practice CBAs and brush up on greenlight :)

JC
    Benjamin Franklin
  • reader
    reader Registered Posts: 1,037 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Congratulations and thanks for sharing your good news; what exams/projects do you have left?
  • stephleedz
    Thank you.

I handed in my 2nd draft of ICAS last week so just waiting to hear back. I have PTX on 23rd Feb then BTX mid-end of April then Financial Statements mid-end July.

Reader am I right in thinking that you sat the exam on the same date and also passed? Congratulations to you also.

What do you have left if any?
  • reader
    reader Registered Posts: 1,037 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Thanks- I'm glad FP is over.

Only have Icas left; if you don't mind me asking; do you have any tips for me for Icas?
  • stephleedz
    Reader,

I don't know if you have started it yet or not so I apologise if you have heard this before. With Kaplan evening classes there was 2 2 1/2hr classes which started 19th Jan. you will be asked to complete a report plan which is key to the project itself. The project plan asks you to explain the fraud elements in the case study (or if your doing it on your own company the anything fraudulent you can think of within your company) it will then ask for the weaknesses then recommendations (how you would improve the company). The best advice I got will pass on...spend time on the report plan because it will save you a lot of time when coming to do The 1st draft of your project. You are given 4 months to hand in your first draft (my deadline was 19th Jan) or else you have to pay for the course again and resort he classes. I did my Budgeting exam and financial performance exam while doing the project. Hope this helps? Any specific questions just ask. I did a case study from the AAT website 'Cookridge Carpets'
  • jules72
    jules72 Registered Posts: 13 Regular contributor โญ
    Hi everyone,

Sat my Financial Perforanxe exam 10th Jan and received my 'Competant' result this evening. I am
    ver very pleased especially since I sat the exam 3 weeks ago tomorrow haven't had an exam result back that quickly!

Thanks for all the help and support so far

xxx

Well done on passing Financial Performance. Any tips on this one. Am I right in believing that Section 1 is numbers and section 2 is written, can I score 70% in section 2.......i just don't think so. So any advice would be great.

Congrats to you again :-)
  • nicd1981
    nicd1981 Registered Posts: 243 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Hia,

Theres a written question at the end of both section 1 and 2

theres numerical in both sections too

Try to ace written parts, they hold most of the marks

good luck

nic xx
    Nicola Donnelly ,MAAT, MIP, CIMA Dip MA

Email: donnellynicola7@gmail.com
    Facbook Page: MEND Accounting
    Blog: http://wannabeanaccountant.blogspot.co.uk
    Twitter: @mendaccounting
  • Jo Clark
    can I score 70% in section 2.......i just don't think so. So any advice would be great.

Jules

You need to achieve 70% in both Part 1 and Part 2 of the exam. I'm not sure how the marks are distributed across the numerical and written elements of the CBA.

Good luck when you sit the CBA.

JC
    Benjamin Franklin
Privacy Policy