Basic Accounting 2

Options
zaf1987
zaf1987 Registered Posts: 124 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
Hi Ive just done BA1 (having completed basic costing in jan), and waiting for my Ba2 books to arrive but wanted to get some advice.

I was doing a law degree, which i technically was meant to graduate in december, however i have to resit a module, which i had originally been told that i do not.

What do i do?

1. do i not do the resit which means i get a 3rd class degree, and carry on with aat
2. stop AAT for now and and concentrate on the module from now untill end of may, which means taking out 4 months out of aat.
3. finish ba2 while ba1 is fresh then concentrate on law module. However question is how quick can i get it done, maximum i can spend is two weeks on ba2 then i would need to go do the module.

P.s i have no interest in law, due to outside pressure opted for this.

thanks in advance

Comments

• SarahJS
    SarahJS Registered Posts: 273 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Do the law module, I'm pretty sure potential employers would not be too impressed with a 3rd. Can you get this grade up to a 2:2? It'll be worth the effort as a degree grade is stuck with you for life, but AAT will still be there to complete after uni.

Good luck :)

(And I do sympathise with the situation, I also really hated my degree!)
  • zaf1987
    Options
    Hi Sarah if i do the module then i get a 2:1/2:2 depends on the result of the module. but if i dont then university
    regulations state automatically a 3rd due not completing or not competent in a module. albeit just the one module, have not failed any other module in my degree. (saying that having exactly excelled at it bordering 2:1/2:2.
  • MarkT
    MarkT Registered Posts: 302
    Options
    Hi Sarah if i do the module then i get a 2:1/2:2 depends on the result of the module. but if i dont then university
    regulations state automatically a 3rd due not completing or not competent in a module. albeit just the one module, have not failed any other module in my degree. (saying that having exactly excelled at it bordering 2:1/2:2.
    How long have you been doing this degree? As far as I remember, the Law society states that you have a maximum of 7 years (from the date you started) to complete a qualifying law degree
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I'm with Sarah on this. I would finish the module, try to aim for a 2:1 and then go back to AAT.
    At least you got your degree, even if it's in a subject that's not something you want to pursue.
  • zaf1987
    Options
    I think its 6 years Mark, this is the only module ive had to resit. so this all in all my fourth year, 1 year extra. to be fair i dont care what the law society think, whether it a QLD does not change the fact its still a LLB Law.

Im never going to go into law. I guess i have to bite the bullet and push myself although i have not desire to do this, just as the last 2 years of my degree. lol
Privacy Policy