Distance learning study plan - how many hours per unit

sini
sini Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
Hi,

Im trying to put studyplan together for my distance learning, but not sure how many hours to allocate per unit... Could anyone advice how many hours you allocate for each unit?

Thanks for any advice!!!

:-)

Comments

• Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hello

What level are you starting with and do you have any idea which order you plan to study the modules contained within that level?

Do you work full time/part time? Do you plan to study evenings and weekends? Are there other commitments on particular evenings/weekend days that would prevent you from studying or could they be rearranged?

Good luck with your studies.

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • SarahJS
    SarahJS Registered Posts: 273 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    The best bit about distance learning is the flexibility.

I do recommend setting yourself targets though, either so many hours/chapters a week, or get the dates you want to sit exams fixed in your head.

Really though, I don't think anyone knows quite how much to allocate for each unit - some you might fly rough and some you might struggle with just because of your personal strengths/weaknesses.

Good luck :)
  • sini
    sini Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
    Hi and thank you for the replies!

I'm studying last 3 units of level 3 (indirect tax, professional ethics and cash management) and then moving to level 4. I'm working full time, but would like to try complete everthing this year... (I might be little optimistic...)

Just trying to make a plan so can decide when to book exams, and have some structure... It's great to have a flexibility of distance learning, but don't want to be too relaxed about it. :)
  • Chrisps303
    Chrisps303 Registered Posts: 33 Regular contributor ⭐
    I started level 3 this year (I'm distance learning while working full time).

I've done 2 units ap 1 and 2 already and now I just book an exam every 2 months.

That worked ok on level 2 and seems to be working ok with level 3.

I find some units easier than others so if I feel ready for the test a few weeks before its booked I just start the next unit or take a weeks break. ( or ive always got jobs round the house tha need doing)

I generally do my studying Saturday and Sunday mornings, usually about 6 hours on Saturday and 3 Sunday then any
    thing I can fit in during the week which is not usually much.

Good luck with your study's.
Privacy Policy