Level 2, 3, 4 Course Syllabus

Options
yan18
yan18 Registered Posts: 19 Regular contributor ⭐
Hello,

I have been trying to find the complete set of syllabus modules/units/topics for Level 2 Certificate in Accounting, Level 3 Diploma in Accounting and Level 4 Diploma in Accounting.

For example - Level 2 Certificate
  • Basic Accounting I
  • Basic Accounting II
  • Working Effectively in Accounting and Finance
  • Basic Costing
  • Computerised Accounting

Are these modules further categorised into individual units?

The reason I ask this is because I want to know about the credit for prior learning for the AAT-ACA fast-track pathway and have found that there are up to 5 modules that AATs can be exempt from of the Professional Stage exams.
http://careers.icaew.com/school-students-leavers/Entry-routes/AAT-ACA-Fast-Track/Credit-exemptions-for-AAT-students

There is also the AAT NVQ Pathway and the AAT Diploma Pathway, which are slightly different in terms of the units for credits available for exemption.. I am unsure about the difference between the 2 but assume I will be taking the Diploma Pathway.

Ultimately, I am interested in which units and from which level (2, 3, 4) I will need to study in order to apply for credit exemption when I reach the stage of studying for the ACA exams.

Any help or clarification on this matter is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Comments

• Louise89
    Louise89 Registered Posts: 296 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hi Yan,

As far as I know, in order to get all the possible exemptions you must sit the following 3 of the optional modules at Level 4;

External Auditing
    Business Tax
    Personal Tax

Also, there is a top up paper you must sit.

*Obviously all other core modules from levels 2, 3 & 4.

Also I think you need to pick the 2010 qualification & onwards, if you are just starting AAT now.
Privacy Policy