Help for a newbie..thank you

READ13
READ13 Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
Hi all,

I am looking to follow you all and take the AAT route and one day go further and hopefully become a chartered accountant. Now I have decided to start at level 2 and combine this whilst working full-time (not in a accountacy role currently) however my question is this. A friend of mine is giving me the following books for free,

LEVEL 2 BASIC ACCOUNTING I (BAI)

LEVEL 2 BASIC ACCOUNTING II (BAII)

LEVEL 2 BASIC COSTING

LEVEL 2 WORKING EFFECTIVELY IN ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE

LEVEL 2 COMPUTERISED ACCOUNTING

From what i understand, there is one exam to each book, so five exams in total. I have briefly read up on the level 2 course and what it entails and I am keen to just use the books I have been given and book onto exams as and when I please. Has anyone else done this, its just friends of mine have said they have paid for the online tutor support etc aswell and never used it. These are Kaplan books and the nearest centre to me is in Southampton.

Just wanted to pick anyones brains as to whether this is achieveable or not by just using books on your own? Also the books are from 2010-2011.

Thank you all

Comments

• SarahJS
    SarahJS Registered Posts: 273 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    You can sit BA I and II and BC just from reading the books, and this is definately achievable if you have the motivation (and it looks like you do as you want to do this). I think the books will still be in date, but not 100% sure.

I do think that you need to have a training provider for WEAF and Computerised Accounting, as they need to be marked. You can buy these modules individually from Kaplan though.

Good luck!
  • READ13
    READ13 Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    thank you for your help, is this 100% i would have to purchase these modules also? Im literally looking for the cheapest way possible haha! and was under the impresiion it would just be the 48 pound per exam..oh no if theres more!!
  • SarahJS
    SarahJS Registered Posts: 273 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Not absolutely 100% about the computer exam, but I know you need to buy WEAF (I think they're about £120 for the distance learning package from Kaplan, and for level 3 SPSW it definately included the exam as well).
Privacy Policy