Your paperwork

I passed AP1 yesterday after 2 failed attempts, and was wondering what you all do with your paperwork once you have passed that section?

I have LOADS and it ranges from emails and mock exams & answers and dont know weather I should keep it all or just get rid of it

Comments

• nicd1981
    nicd1981 Registered Posts: 243 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Hi Clare,

I have kept all my paperwork for levels 2, 3 and now 4. I know one day i can pass it on or when im studying further later on it may help me.
    Id rather pass it on to someone else than bin it.
    What modules do you have next?
    nic x
    Nicola Donnelly ,MAAT, MIP, CIMA Dip MA

Email: donnellynicola7@gmail.com
    Facbook Page: MEND Accounting
    Blog: http://wannabeanaccountant.blogspot.co.uk
    Twitter: @mendaccounting
  • SarahJS
    SarahJS Registered Posts: 273 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Generally I throw out anything that isn't sorted neat, and would keep textbooks and a neat sorted file.

I've never looked back at anything but textbooks, so throw out my own notes after a while when I run short of space!
  • MarkT
    MarkT Registered Posts: 302
    Generally I throw out anything that isn't sorted neat, and would keep textbooks and a neat sorted file.

I've never looked back at anything but textbooks, so throw out my own notes after a while when I run short of space!

I found out the hard way about throwing written work away... I have a folder for AP1 & 2 and CRS and have filled them with all the odd handouts and course paperwork and have 2 large note books (1 for each night of class) These I will keep as I have this nagging feeling that they may come in handy later on for ICAS and further studies. Of course, all emailed documents and xl sheets and word docs that are not printed off are stored in their respective folders on my computer...

But that's just me :lol:
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I have all my notes, books and handouts since I started level 2, you never know what my crop uo along the way.

I am a horder :001_smile:
  • clegganator
    clegganator Registered Posts: 184 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I've kept my workbooks and my lever arch folders. They have my class and final notes, answers to questions from tutorial and workbook, practice exam papers and any handouts. I chucked all the Sage & Spreadsheet unit stuff as there was sooooo much paper from those units and I'd never ever refer back to them.

Perhaps I should sort through and just keep my final concise notes...
  • Clarekaye
    Clarekaye Registered Posts: 307
    I have my Eagle folder with all their notes & sections in but I have filled a folder and half just from my own stuff.
    I think because I am moving house again I thought about lightening the load a little but if you keep most of yours maybe I should invest in more folders lol.

I am doing AP2 and then I think Cash Management next :-)
    I really enjoy the learning and the going through the text books etc but when it comes to revising and going over the same stuff over and over again I get a bit bored so I am glad ap1 is out the way now.
  • Clarekaye
    Nope I think I am doing cost & revenues :-/ lol can you tell I am doing each bit at a time!
  • MarkT
    MarkT Registered Posts: 302
    Nope I think I am doing cost & revenues :-/ lol can you tell I am doing each bit at a time!

hehe... CRS is great, it was the first subject I started on for AAT (I skipped level 2) am still doing it for 3 more weeks then the exam - just remember to commit the formulas etc, to memory and you'll be absolutely fine :001_smile:
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    MarkT wrote: ยป
    hehe... CRS is great, it was the first subject I started on for AAT (I skipped level 2) am still doing it for 3 more weeks then the exam - just remember to commit the formulas etc, to memory and you'll be absolutely fine :001_smile:

I agree with Mark I have just started CRS but am loving it, it actually makes sence, just hope I can remember it all.

Also doing AP2 and enjoying that too.

I must be mad!! :lol:
  • KaySarah
    KaySarah Registered Posts: 215 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    janwal wrote: ยป
    I agree with Mark I have just started CRS but am loving it, it actually makes sence, just hope I can remember it all.

Also doing AP2 and enjoying that too.

I must be mad!! :lol:

:lol: Nice one Jan / Mark ...

I also really enjoyed CRS :laugh: It was all just so logical and had clear defined formulae.
    Have kept all my class notes as well as my rainbow coloured & highlighted study notes for the moment. I keep a separate folder & notebook for each module. I have however thrown out ITX as I do that day in, day out in my everyday life.
  • Kirsty83
    Kirsty83 Registered Posts: 57 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I keep all my paperwork in terms of handouts, notes and powerpoint presentations that I have printed off - you never know when you might need them.
    All my Level 2 unit I still have, stored in a box tidy - my lever arch file, text books and work books etc. I wouldn't throw them out, chances they may still be needed along the way! :)

Congrats on finally passing your AP1 Clarekaye!! I failed AP1 twice and am re-sitting on the 22nd March! So fingers crossed I'm 3rd time lucky!! :)
  • Clarekaye
    Thanks! I did everything different to see if it would help, non lucky pants, drank my tea from the other side, parked in a different place and sat on a different computer Silly isnt it :lol: maybe try this for your next one, good luck with it I am sure you will be fine!

Ok so the gist is I should go and buy more folders and a storage box for everything thank you :001_smile:
Privacy Policy