Level 4 optional modules

acorrenti
acorrenti Registered Posts: 14 New contributor 🐸
Hi everyone

I'm just about to purchase my level 4 AAT course and was wondering what optional modules you selected and why.

Thanks
Andrew

Comments

• reader
    reader Registered Posts: 1,037 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I chose business tax and personal tax because I work in practice and prepare a lot of business tax and personal tax computations.

Also, in the future, I would like to run my own business preparing tax returns and both modules are good training to this end.
  • clegganator
    clegganator Registered Posts: 184 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    We don't have a choice at college but do personal tax and auditing. When I asked why these I was told because they are they are the easiest to pass. Looking at the size of the Osborne tutorial book for business compared to personal tax I'd agree as there is so much more to learn for business tax.
  • nonmugglesue
    nonmugglesue Registered Posts: 39 Regular contributor ⭐
    I also didn't have a choice in college, we studied:

Credit & debt management
    Personal Tax
    Financial Performance
    Financial Statements
    Budgeting
  • guinea pig
    guinea pig Registered Posts: 402 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I didn't have a choice at college either, however last years group did Busines Tax, and had a poor success rate, so we did Credit Management instead. The other optional one we are taking is Personal Tax.
    Good luck
  • Louise89
    Louise89 Registered Posts: 296 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I have just done BTX & CRMC.

I basically chose them since I work in industry and thought they would be more relevant to my work than the other two; I do not do payroll or sole traders etc and thank god that I do not audit. :)

Good luck whatever you decided to choose.
  • acorrenti
    Thanks everyone for your replies.

I am thinking about studying personal tax and business tax as I feel that these will prepare me for the taxation module at the ACCA level.

After reading on here, it seems that business tax is a complete nightmare. Is this true??
  • reader
    reader Registered Posts: 1,037 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I liked doing business tax; I found it very interesting. I don't think it is as bad as financial statements and financial performance. Although it is probably harder than cash management and auditing.
  • acorrenti
    Hi to everyone that replied / helped.

I have plumped for

Business Tax.
    Personal Tax.

After speaking to a girl at work who has nearly completed her ACCA, she advised that I study the two tax modules in preparation for the ACCA module which I will encounter shortly.

I hope this helps someone else too.

My study materials arrived yesterday and I have made a start on Financial Statements and I am really enjoying it so far :)
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hi Andrew

I just want to say thanks for starting this thread, I am 3/4 of the way through level 3 and assumed I would have a choice what I wanted to do in level 4. I then read this and realised that most colleges don't let you choose, so I went in on the next day and asked and just like the rest college decides for you. My next question was, which ones? They replied the two tax options............hooray!!! that's want I wanted to do.

Jan
  • satherton87
    satherton87 Registered Posts: 6 Regular contributor ⭐
    If you want an east module go for Credit Management. If you do it after one of the other units that covers ratios its really easy. i probably spent about 5 hours reading the material and revising and i passed part 1 of the exam in 8 mins and got 95% in part 2.
Privacy Policy