help vt account Ft submission

Options
zephyr
zephyr Registered Posts: 24 New contributor 🐸
Help

I am now at my wits end, Having a problem in attaching the ixbl tax computation.

i have used vt to prepare the accounts and tax computation.

when I attached these to FT ct 600 the tax comp was rejected. After several emails to ft support they told me that the VT computation had been updated and not yet tested by FT so to use the FT generated tax comp.

This I have done many many times and am getting the error message:

Computation: the input set contained an invalid document or combination of document.

FT support advice was to save the file, without opening, as a html file.

Did this, but when I re access to attach the file it has become a hmt file not a hmtl file. Ft support said this was why is was rejected, but I do not know what I am doing wrong, or how to correct it.

As I have now been trying since Friday to submit ( I have even tried it on my laptop also) I am getting pretty desperate.

Comments

• stefanboro
    stefanboro Registered Posts: 187 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    zephyr wrote: »
    Help

I am now at my wits end, Having a problem in attaching the ixbl tax computation.

i have used vt to prepare the accounts and tax computation.

when I attached these to FT ct 600 the tax comp was rejected. After several emails to ft support they told me that the VT computation had been updated and not yet tested by FT so to use the FT generated tax comp.

This I have done many many times and am getting the error message:

Computation: the input set contained an invalid document or combination of document.

FT support advice was to save the file, without opening, as a html file.

Did this, but when I re access to attach the file it has become a hmt file not a hmtl file. Ft support said this was why is was rejected, but I do not know what I am doing wrong, or how to correct it.

As I have now been trying since Friday to submit ( I have even tried it on my laptop also) I am getting pretty desperate.

I had the exact same problem a couple of months a go - nothing was wrong in attaching the VT accounts but the VT computations kept being rejected using F-Tax.

After many, MANY attempts and changes I simply bought taxcalc. No offence to F-Tax and its users but I don't care one bit how much cheaper it is. With taxcalc the computations are produced so I simply attached the VT produced accounts and it worked ..... FIRST TIME!!!

The end of the stress was for me worth the money!
  • zephyr
    zephyr Registered Posts: 24 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Thanks for replying - that was going to be next move! I have already spent three days on this and about 20 emails to Ftax.

BUT at last success!!! What a relief.

Just incase any one else gets this problem, apparently there is a problem with my bt email address.

Some clever IT person (don't you just hate them?) suggested I tried sending it to a different email address, so used my husband's yahoo ( I now know the password - but he will be probably changing that quickly!)

Using google chrome the same thing happened but when I used internet explorer - success!!!

Cream cake time and a bottle of wine I think!
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I just use the FTax tax comp, I've never looked at the VT one.
Privacy Policy