Icas help!!!!!

Joe Barraclough
Joe Barraclough Registered Posts: 69 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
Hi

I have just started my ICAS Level 4 and was wonderingif anyone out there could clear things up if they did it iva kaplan distance learning.

The book keeps talking about having regularly meeting up with your tutor is this true? sounds a bit over the top.

what about the interview at the end of it, does everyone have to do this?

what about testimonies? do i have to do this even via distance learning?

what are the main things that they say are wrong with it , when the send back drafts?

how long does it take for kaplan distance learning to mark the different drafts?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• uknitty
    uknitty Registered Posts: 591 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I didn't do my project via Kaplan, nor have I seen the book, but I hope I can answer a few of your points.

The book keeps talking about having regularly meeting up with your tutor is this true? sounds a bit over the top

I think the point is that you should be able to contact your tutor for guidance as much as you feel you need. I study with a different training provider and I spoke with my tutor maye 5 times (including the end interview\)

what about the interview at the end of it, does everyone have to do this?

Yes they do. Mine was very informal - just a quick chat about my plans after AAT and how I had found the course / unit. Absolutely nothing to worry about - I promise.

what about testimonies? do i have to do this even via distance learning?
    I think this applies if you are doing a project based on your workplace and will be submitting workplace based evidence. I didn't have to submit any for my project which was based on a case study

what are the main things that they say are wrong with it , when the send back drafts?

How long is a piece of string ? Depends on what areas need improving ! I was asked to expand slightly on one of my points about computerised packages. I'd say get your first draft in, don't worry too much about getting loads of feedback on your first submission. If you get the feedback for areas to improve on then you know what it is you have to do rather than trying to struggle on alone.

how long does it take for kaplan distance learning to mark the different drafts?

No idea. Sorry.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You're welcome
  • reader
    reader Registered Posts: 1,037 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I think kaplan take 4 months to mark your 1st icas draft
  • rhian
    rhian Registered Posts: 57 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    reader wrote: ยป
    I think kaplan take 4 months to mark your 1st icas draft

Seriously?! 4 months for the first draft? I want to do ACA soon after AAT and waiting around that long for just the first draft seems ridiculous! :(
  • uknitty
    uknitty Registered Posts: 591 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I would love to do ACA after AAT - but trying to secure a training contract is VERY tough going at the best of times, and preference seems to be given to graduates. Be prepared to bang on many many doors ....
Privacy Policy