Which provider for SPSW?

elenmarkova
elenmarkova Registered Posts: 17 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Hello everyone,
I am studying Level 3 at the moment. I bought all books and study by myself. I did not sign up with any provider. Now when I feel I am ready to take some of the exams I am struggling to find out what are the options for the SPSW exam. I know it's a project but why do I need to sign up as a classroom student or as distance learning. Can't I just book a date for the exam and pay for the exam only? The exam with Kaplan costs £50 and there are dates available now. And if I have to sign as a distance learning student the earliest when I can go for the exam is June which is too late for me.
Can anybody explain is there a way to book an exam and pay only for that, instead of enrolling as a student with a provider?
Thanks a lot and good luck to everybody!
Elena:thumbup:

Comments

• MarkT
    MarkT Registered Posts: 302
    Hello everyone,
    I am studying Level 3 at the moment. I bought all books and study by myself. I did not sign up with any provider. Now when I feel I am ready to take some of the exams I am struggling to find out what are the options for the SPSW exam. I know it's a project but why do I need to sign up as a classroom student or as distance learning. Can't I just book a date for the exam and pay for the exam only? The exam with Kaplan costs £50 and there are dates available now. And if I have to sign as a distance learning student the earliest when I can go for the exam is June which is too late for me.
    Can anybody explain is there a way to book an exam and pay only for that, instead of enrolling as a student with a provider?

Hi Elena,

The reason that you have to enrol with a service provider is that this exam and ICAS at level 4 require someone to mark it. It is not instantly marked like the CBA's by the AAT.

One of the forum posters here is a tutor who marks these and they do demand a lot of work to complete. In all, £50 is pretty good considering the time involved - In short, it is not possible to go through the SPSW without a service provider :001_smile:

ETA: Have you tried contacting Eagle Training? They were set up and are run by an ex AAT student and they have received excellent feedback here - maybe they could fit you in sooner?
  • MWAUGH1983
    MWAUGH1983 Registered Posts: 420 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hello everyone,

I did the exam 2 wks back this monday and I paid £96 including the marking and also the exam fee to AAT. My support with eagle expired and I found this was the easiest way round it - you can sit the exam in the workplace and then have a provider mark it - that way you only pay for marking and the fee which would probs work out cheaper - though I found my way easier to be honest.

Cheers
    Martin
  • elenmarkova
    elenmarkova Registered Posts: 17 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Thanks a lot for your replies guys!
    I will contact Kaplan on Monday and ideally I will go for paying the fee for exam and marking which is fine for me as long as the exam is within 1 month.
    Martin was the spreadsheet tough? To be honest I have been using Spreadsheets for more than 10 years and I am not planning to study for this exam (except pivot tables). What are your suggestions for best practice and any advice will be much appreciated.

Many Thanks!
  • MWAUGH1983
    I will contact Kaplan on Monday and ideally I will go for paying the fee for exam and marking which is fine for me as long as the exam is within 1 month.
    Martin was the spreadsheet tough? To be honest I have been using Spreadsheets for more than 10 years and I am not planning to study for this exam (except pivot tables). What are your suggestions for best practice and any advice will be much appreciated.

Many Thanks!

I wouldnt say the exam was difficult though I am unsure how I did; I was ill the w/end of the exam so couldnt get much done but as long as you do the practice on on myaat then you will be fine. I did the mock with my provider in september and was told via feedback that even allowing for the errors I should be fine - I would say go over the practice mock and anything you aint to comfortable with them go over it again in the study text.

With 10 yrs experience I doubt you will struggle!

Anything else then please PM me! :)

Martin
  • KaySarah
    KaySarah Registered Posts: 215 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hi Elenmarkova

I have over 30 years experience with spreadsheets but still find there is so much more to them than I use in my job. Different jobs utilise xls in different ways.

Please don't just assume you will pass without checking the Practise Assess on AAT first to ensure you are comfortable with all that will be required. It would be awful if they posed a question you weren't able to handle.

I'm sure you probably WILL be fine,but for peace of mind, it would be a good idea to check out the practice assessment first.

Good Luck with your exam.
    Kay
  • MWAUGH1983

Many Thanks!

I received word today that I past spreadsheets subject to the AAT checks which should take around 2 wks but I have been told the whole process can take up to 6wks - im hoping that the AAT arent stingy lol Please check your inbox as I have PM you today.

Cheers
    Martin
Privacy Policy