How do I stop from receiving silent calls?

geek84
geek84 Registered Posts: 568 Epic contributor 🐘
Hi Folks

Over the last few weeks, we have received a fair few silent calls received at home. It is now up to about 6 a day!

My partner is getting worried in that somebody is just checking to see if we are at home, and if we are not, the person would most likely plan to break into the property !

Can someone please advice how I can put a stop to this silent/nuisance calls and put my partner's mind a rest.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Comments

• KaySarah
    KaySarah Registered Posts: 215 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    geek84 wrote: »
    Hi Folks

Over the last few weeks, we have received a fair few silent calls received at home. It is now up to about 6 a day!

My partner is getting worried in that somebody is just checking to see if we are at home, and if we are not, the person would most likely plan to break into the property !

Can someone please advice how I can put a stop to this silent/nuisance calls and put my partner's mind a rest.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Call TPS (telephone preference service) on 0845 0700707 to put a stoptothis type of call.
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor 🐘
    If it carries on I would contact the police, I had the same situation a few years ago and did that after a week of it.

I am not sure exactly what they do but they did assure me they take it seriously.
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    BT has a Nuisance Caller Telephone Number. They trace the call and block it I think. A lot of those Call Centres are silent callers as they automatically dial a load of numbers and only some that get answered get connected to a Call Centre Caller.
Privacy Policy