Spreadsheets

Options
sscors
sscors Registered Posts: 72 Epic contributor 🐘
Hi

currently studying for spreadsheets module not sure about a question wondering if any one would be able to help. I was given a table with a list of full names ie forenames and surnames and I had to reorder it by SURNAME in to alphabetical order?

Comments

• Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Hello sscors

What I think the question is asking you to do is to use the sort function to rearrange the list of names so that the SURNAMES are in alphabetical order e.g. bloggs, clark, davies, edwards etc.

I would advise how/where to find this but am not sure what spreadsheet application/version you are using.

Hope the above helps.

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Hello

I meant to say that you need to ensure that all the data in each row is selected so that everything is sorted not just surname.

Hope that makes sense?

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • NicF
    NicF Registered Posts: 108 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Jo is correct about this. You need to highlight the entire table then select Data and Sort. This will give you a box with the option of which column to sort by. If your table has headers and you have highlighted them with everything else make sure the 'headers' box at the bottom of the 'Sort' options box is ticked or it will sort these as well.

N
  • MWAUGH1983
    MWAUGH1983 Registered Posts: 420 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I did this 3 wks back and got the result the other day as competent. This question is one I fluffed as I was sorting the column and the other data wasnt being sorted - thats why you NEED to select the other day; thinking about this, this is where I fluffed it I think! :( lol
  • Chimpette22
    Chimpette22 Registered Posts: 75 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I would say highlight and then data sort. I've got my exam coming up.... eek :ohmy:
    Fully AAT qualified July 2015
  • MWAUGH1983
    MWAUGH1983 Registered Posts: 420 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Just go over the aat mock exam and you will be fine!
  • sscors
    sscors Registered Posts: 72 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Thanks for the comments very helpful
Privacy Policy